my dilemma

buduk
buduk Posts: 55
edited July 2009 in MTB beginners
Great forum by the way ,i recently bought a scott sportster p4 2009 through the cycle to work scheme,basically to shed a few inches of my beer gutt as iam reaching 40 ,it's all being going really well 20 mile plus rides when i can ,depending on the weather !! at the same time my m8 bought a trek 6700 so we bike together but he's been going on about mtb trails etc me being a noob hadn't a clue .So last week end i decided to take the family to whinlatter forest on my hybrid !! so i did the blue trail with my 9yr old son and must admit best thing ever ,now here's where the problem is i dont think my hybrid is upto it ,so do i sell it ? get a decent starter mtb or just get a cheepie and see how it goes ,my local bike shop in Carlisle has a trek 6500 for 525 squid and said i could exchange my bike for this ,or is it better going the ebay route etc and see what i get for it , dont really wanna get rid of the bike ,but the kids and i loved it that much i'am already looking at going to mabie forest when i get back from ayr ,thanks for any help in advance

Comments

• chuckbiker
    chuckbiker Posts: 18
    hi, sounds like the title suggests, i think you should have a look on "the bay" :wink: to see what you can get because it sounds like you got a setup just right for you (well done :) ) but if your only going with your family or your mates a couple o' times then youd be better keeping your hybrid so that you can excel on the road with your mate and just have a good time with your family on whatever you can get your hands on :)
    anyway thats just my opinion you might want to sit and have a think,
    hope that helped
    charlie :D
    when your at school every thing goes wrong and it goes wrong in the wrongest way and even more wrong when everyones looking, when you leave school everything still goes wrong, but with loads more style! :lol:
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    i would look for a cheap hardtail, your hybrid sounds like a nice bike and it seems that you enjoy riding it, therefor i'd be reluctent to let it go.

you should be able to get a good second hand hardtail quite cheap, my mates a roadie and he's just bought a claud butler hardtail for 50 quid! it's not brilliant but it does what he wants and he's well happy with it! :)
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport