Whither Aurelio ?

2»

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Aurelio was a bit of a one-trick pony but his forensic knowledge of matters relating to Armstrong was impressive and if people disagreed, they only had to begin a debate.

Telling kids in the playground that Father Christmas is fake can ruin a lot of people's Christmas holidays though.

Moderating a forum is very difficult, it's not as if there is some panel of experts to review things and an appeals process. So decisions can look hard.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    I must admit that I hadn't seen too much moderation on this forum up to that point.

If people are adult they should be self moderating.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    I think jackhammer got kicked off cyclingnews for inviting people over to Ohio for a fistfight.

What a tightarse - wants a fistfight, but the other person has to pay for the ticket to get there, he could have at least asked where they lived.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    johnfinch wrote:
    I think jackhammer got kicked off cyclingnews for inviting people over to Ohio for a fistfight.

What a tightarse - wants a fistfight, but the other person has to pay for the ticket to get there, he could have at least asked where they lived.

I thought he was from Ohio??? :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Jacko wasn't you in some sort of Jeckyll & Hyde alter-ego then Dennis ?
  • dennisn
    andy_wrx wrote:
    Jacko wasn't you in some sort of Jeckyll & Hyde alter-ego then Dennis ?

I have only been ME. That I know of. Of course there is the problem of those missing hours and days.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I take it you've all realised Aurelio is back under another guise by now....
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    what did he get banned for exactly? Just read through his ols posts, nothing that seems too awful as far as I can tell.
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    AndyRubio wrote:
    what did he get banned for exactly? Just read through his ols posts, nothing that seems too awful as far as I can tell.
    In a reply to 'jackhammer111' he changed his name to 'jackingoffthinkingoflance'.

Seriously, that was it!

(Hammer's response was to say 'I don't think you want to get into a name calling contest with me. I'd advise the moderator to get this jerk in line before I flame him into oblivion' before moving onto more 'robust' threats and name-calling).
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    AndyRubio wrote:
    In a reply to 'jackhammer111' he changed his name to 'jackingoffthinkingoflance'.

Seriously, that was it!

(Hammer's response was to say 'I don't think you want to get into a name calling contest with me. I'd advise the moderator to get this jerk in line before I flame him into oblivion' before moving onto more 'robust' threats and name-calling).

Welcome back! :wink:
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    as mentioned before jackhammer has previous - see here for a particulary nasty incident http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=2246
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    deal wrote:
    as mentioned before jackhammer has previous - see here for a particulary nasty incident http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=2246

well now you know what happens if you get too near a jackhammer.

you get squashed. !

so the warning is "Keep Well Clear"
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • mercsport
    mercsport Posts: 664
    I must add that , as a moniker , from the splendidly evocative 'Aurelio' to the wretchedly prosaic 'BikingBernie' is a bit of a bummer . :cry:

Still , if the game's the same , I'll let it pass . :D
    "Lick My Decals Off, Baby"
  • dennisn
    mercsport wrote:
    I must add that , as a moniker , from the splendidly evocative 'Aurelio' to the wretchedly prosaic 'BikingBernie' is a bit of a bummer . :cry:

Still , if the game's the same , I'll let it pass . :D

Is it really you Bernie? Or should I say aur.......? :wink::wink:
  • dennisn wrote:
    I think he may have been banned, and yet the mods are perfectly happy to tolerate a forum member calling another, longstanding lady member a "stupid c**t". On a cycling thread.
    Go figure.

You're absolutely right. It was not something that I should have said and I intend to apologize to the lady. In my defense(if there is one) I meant it as a question of "How
    would you like it if people called you names?". I know I could have worded it better but that's how it came out. Lots of name calling on this site. Done a bit of it myself, but generally have always regretted it later. Guess I'm saying(right or wrong) that "sauce
    for the goose is sauce for the gander".

Chapeau. It is a problem with internet forums, easy to say things you don't mean when social control has been slackened a bit. This particular lady has not been well recently so I was a bit defensive.
    Dan