Tour of Poland!

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Rock n' Roll. Starts next week.

Basso's going as well so it's sure be to awesome. Are they going to use that same hill like 400 times this year?
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Worst tour going so bland. If it rains like last year it'll be even worse.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Another rider protest:
    http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/road/200 ... /poland084
    bettiniphoto_0030225_1_full.jpg

Shame Voigt wont be there to show them how to ride in the wet and how to prevent the rain getting to the head:
    bettiniphoto_0030258_1_full.jpg

Trying to find that photo I also came across this from 06 TofPoland...never knew Kirchen rode for Fassa:

img_2348.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    At the end of the Tour of Poland I love how they dismantle that one hill, pack it up into crates and ship it to Australia ready for January. As hills go, it's a pretty darned good one.

My man to watch this year is either Blazej Janiaczyk, Barlomiej Matysiak or Marek Rutkiewicz. Mark my words, those are names to remember.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Heathens

We've just sat through the TdF and you dare question the authority of this great race.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,649
    Wooooooo! Go the Tour of Poland!
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Don't you remember when the peloton took the wrong route and rode right through a police road block of some description invloving about 4 cars.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Don't you remember when the peloton took the wrong route and rode right through a police road block of some description invloving about 4 cars.
    er no, but one cant help wondering if the organisation is going to be much better this year - what with the race director's dubious sense of anniversaries and dates
    http://www.tourdepologne.pl/en/default.asp
    Tour de Pologne celebrates its triple anniversary this year! 80 years ago for the first time took part in our national tour. Also this season the race will be organized for the 65th time since 1928. What's more in the doming weeks it will pass 15 years since the race was first run by the Lang Team with me having an honor to work as the race director.

Every year we try organize great event on sporting and organizational level. Having this opportunity we would also like to promote our country and the most beautiful regions of Poland. Tour de Pologne is already called the biggest logistical event in Polish sport and since 2005 season is ranked among the best cycling races in the UCI Pro Tour calendar. This obligates us to keep up with good work.

Route of the 65. Tour de Pologne is different from its previous versions and in my opinion looks interesting. On the TdP start in Warsaw we will see all the best teams in the world plus Polish National Team. We count on our terrific sponsors, beautiful race scenery and professional coverage of the race in Polish State Television (TVP).

Therefore I would like to invite all cycling fans to the race route or to the TV sets during our week in September
    that said i always enjoy the race. I think the Pro Tour status actually detracts from the quality of the field - a lot of those teams will be sending second rate squads with no real interest - i prefered it when it had teams i had barely heard of (Mroz?) who set the race alight
    thanks
    podofdonny
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Look what I found:

http://www.tourdepologne.pl/en/list_uci.asp

A message from UCI President Pat McQuaid! Everyone's favourite UCI President, combined with everyone's favourite Polish bike race, could it be any more excellent? If Lance Armstrong ever rode the Tour of Poland, I think I could die a happy man.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    iainf72 wrote:
    Rock n' Roll. Starts next week.

Basso's going as well so it's sure be to awesome. Are they going to use that same hill like 400 times this year?
    I think they’ve changed the route.

Not just Basso, Gilbert there too. And Andaluze too (I thought he was banned?)
    AG2R, FdJ, Lampre, Rabobank, Columbia and Milram all sending okay teams. Astana have an all Kazahkstan team!

Some people here mock but overall it’s just as good as the T of Britain or T of Germany, and certainly this year a better field than either of those have managed in the last few years.