Riding Buddy Wanted for this weekend ride- North London.

Ferenc
Ferenc Posts: 118
edited August 2009 in MTB rides
Consider yourself fit, do you like mud & rain, wanna ride this weekend? I am in Enfield area and am looking for a partner to go on a long ride (2-3 hours). Could do Epping but I am getting board with it. Looking for a challenge..........

Comments

• Ferenc
    maybe my post sounded gay? even though I am not. What does one have to do to get you guys riding?......free beer after ride
    Anyway I may just go it alone in Thetford even though I have never been.....
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    Thetford is my normal stomping ground but I wouldn't be going up from London until Sunday morning.

Would you like to show me around Epping on saturday morning/early afternoon & I'll show you Thetford on sunday morning maybe or next week?

FWIW I'm not gay either & if any single ladies would like to join us???
  • Ferenc
    Sure would like someone to ride with. I was looking at getting a early morning ride so that I can spend the rest of the afternoon with my family. It does not have to be early though? Epping gets busy over the weekend but what I am more interested in is the rain. Gotta test my kit out....
    Thetford we can discuss on Saturday?
    P.M me for details.
    Next weekend I am working so no chance for riding.
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    Cheers for organising and nice to meet you this morning :)

That was good fun and I can't believe how muddy the bike and I got. Found a jet wash place on the way back, just left the bike on the rack and sprayed - it was totally caked :lol: Thought about jetwashing me as well but decided on a good old shower. Problem was that the clay dried on my legs and acted like some sort of hair-removal paste - ow!

But good craic and I really enjoyed it. We will deffo sort out Thetford one weekend.

Guess, what - it's just started raining ;)

Thanks again

Puff
  • Ferenc
    Yes me too, had a great time! Being lashed by bramble bushes then wiping out!
    I cant believe you left the bike on the rack and sprayed it! :lol: Some of that mud is sticky but i am sue its not as bad as the South Downs mud.
    Yes the rain did let me down but I am sure there is more to come.
    Yes we must arrange Thetford at some point.
    Thank you for the day!

Wondering where to go on Thursday? Might just make it local as I have the mrnong till about 12 noon to ride.
    Keep in touch