How much would YOU pay for this Cervelo?

Sparklehorse
Sparklehorse Posts: 126
edited July 2009 in Road beginners
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0433694160

I'm tempted to put in a bid but not sure of its true worth.

Comments

• gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    Hmm - its going to go for a lot!

Frame / forks / seatpost is £1700 new

it's got good wheels and a sensible mix of campag components - i.e. record shifters + rear mech, lower range other stuff. (although I would want shot of the std. BB arrangement for a more modern UT type)
    it's original build cost was probably close to £2700 - £2900 so it isn't going to be particularly cheap.

Not sure what it is worth second hand and remember that "what it's worth" and "what it fetches on Ebay" are often two different things.
  • gkerr4
    looking again - the mavic SSC brakes a re much higher value than I thought and it even has quite posh pedals - the build cost would have been at the top end of my original estimate..
  • Sparklehorse
    Great, maybe a bargain in the offing then...I just need to keep it to mys.........doh doh!
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    Original build musta been over 3 grand.
    I reckon, in that condition, it'll go for around 2k.....
  • gkerr4
    I thought over three grand too - but the wheels are std Neutron - not the more expensive Neutron Ultras.

If I was in the market and it was the right size, I;d pay around £1500 maybe £1600 - but it may well go for higher than that.
  • STEFANOS4784
    What's your budget Sparklehorse?

We should start a thread predicting how much bikes will go for on e-bay. Might be interesting......or i might just be very bored :lol::wink:
  • Sparklehorse

...about £35. But I just remembered how great credit cards are. Plus I completed the Etape and promised myself a second, upgraded bike with a carbon frame as a pat on the back. Plus I love Cerevlo's and everyone raves about them. Plus it's close to where I live. It just seems so right it can't be wrong.

..or should I spend that money on a new garage roof?
  • STEFANOS4784

...about £35.

:lol::lol: 8) Good luck on winning the bike mate, looks a beauty 8) :)
  • Redsteveb
    Redsteveb Posts: 201
    Just gone over £1000 with a couple of days left.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    edited August 2009
    Still a good price if it doesn't rise too much of course. A lot can happen in two days.

How sure are you it's gonna fit you sparklehorse?
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    This is in the Beginners forum - is this what a beginner rides these days ? :lol:

No, seriously, if you want it and you can afford it, good for you