Velodromes

free
free Posts: 567
edited July 2009 in Track
Is there a decisive list online which details all of the useable velodromes in the UK both indoor and out?

I'm trying to find my nearest as I have seemed to have spent the best part of my life talking about taking to the race track rather than actually doing it so It really is about time I just went and did it.

Unless of course anyone could point me in the right direction. I'm in the Northants area, Brackley in Northamptonshire to be exact.

Anyone know where my nearest would be?
Think first.
Then act.
That\'s it.
My 3 point plan.
A.partridge. 1997.

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Pretty sure it would be either Welwyn (Gosling Sports Park), Palmer Park at Reading or Forest Town, Mansfield but have a look on British Cycling's Facility Finder

Note that some of the facilities listed are used for grass-track racing only (ie Heckington showground).

There's a track league at Welwyn every Friday (weather permitting) until 4th September, but to race you will need to have attended a few of the Monday night training sessions first. These are run by Welwyn Wheelers so have a look on their website for details.

Track league for Palmer Park is on Mondays but I think the track is closed at present due to refurbishment. Eddy S who posts on here will know for sure though.
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    Bronzie wrote:
    Track league for Palmer Park is on Mondays but I think the track is closed at present due to refurbishment. Eddy S who posts on here will know for sure though.
    Sorry for the delayed reply – I’ve been away racing at the Euro Masters!

Bronzie is correct – Palmer Park is currently closed for refurbishment however it is the athletics track that is being re-surfaced rather then the velodrome.

The last meeting was this Monday with a plan to re-open for 4 meetings from 14 Sept providing the work runs to schedule.

Palmer Park track league website
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    You'll be going round in circles trying to find a definitive list that is upto date :roll:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.