Contador 2010 Team?

madeincumbria
madeincumbria Posts: 33
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Does anybody know which team AC will ride for next year if, or should I say when, Astana fold? Cervelo Test Team with Satre? Or Radioshack/Livestrong then not get picked for the Tour line up! Or even Columbia HTC?

Dont think it will matter to be honest when Wiggins is in yellow!
Giant SCR ever so slightly pimped

Comments

• dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    If you're willing to place money on him joining Radio Shack I'll give you good odds :lol:

I'll also give you good odds on Wiggins winning the next Tour de France if that's what you think is gonna happen.
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • there is no way he will go to radioshack given everything thats coming out between him and LA.
    columbia - cant see it, its a sprint team geared towards cav.
    Astana wont fold, vino is coming back to ride for them... apparently they have offered him a contract extension (AC that is)

Personally i think maybe garmin, apparently they courted him earlier in the year, and Vaughters hasnt denmied interest. Either them or Casse D'epargne, obvious spanish connections and the potential loss of Valverde to a ban.

However, who knows! be interesting to see for sure.
  • Fair enough forgot abou Vino! Carn't see him and AC getting on though. Alright alright Radioshack was tounge in cheek....
  • yes im not sure i could see vino and AC being buds either. Buti guess it depends on their objectives. If AC can concentrate on tour whilst big boy Vino gets the vuelta.

its crazy! i thought football transfer gossip was exciting :-)
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,135
    Remember the Alonso/Santander rumours - though he has stated he would like to set up a team, it's too late for next year.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,665
    Either them or Casse D'epargne, obvious spanish connections and the potential loss of Valverde to a ban.

But hasn't Christophe Moreau signed for Caisse?
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    "dulldave wrote:

I'll also give you good odds on Wiggins winning the next Tour de France if that's what you think is gonna happen.

Be careful a lot of fingers burnt when it was suggested Brad may get top 5 in this TDF.

I believe Brad will learn so much mentally and physically from this tour to make him stronger next year.

Oh yea and if bertie does get busted then he must on for a win :wink:
  • yes they have for a year i think?.... but he is a bit older isnt he? and i think most teams if they had the chance of a young gc rider with the results ac has would definately be interested as long as they could pony up the cash. will be intesting to see how it unfolds.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,665
    Sorry I was being sarcastic, my sense of humour is at best retarded.
  • I'd like to see Wiggins win it.....but do i ever think he will is a different question. But who ever thought he'd do what he done this year? At least Evans cracked up as normal and denis Menchov finds staying upright as hard as ever in Le Tour. But then again i'd like to see Andy Schleck win it but I think he might come up sort everytime.
  • Sorry I was being sarcastic, my sense of humour is at best retarded.

hehe my sarcasm sensor is rubbish! :-)
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 1,795
    yes im not sure i could see vino and AC being buds either. Buti guess it depends on their objectives. If AC can concentrate on tour whilst big boy Vino gets the vuelta.

its crazy! i thought football transfer gossip was exciting :-)

When the news of Lance's return was reported, AC was reported (in the New York Times/ Herald something like that) that he prefered Vino to Lance. Suspect that might still be the case :roll:

I could work out for AC at Astana as long as the bad boy Vino is allowed to sit out, like Valverde, and Astana can compete in the TdF with full support for AC.

I guess it depends on whether Astana retains the more tallented DSs such as Gallopin, and whether AC can stomach another season with the Kazakhs.
    I am guessing no to the last point