TIMBER

Skippy2309
Skippy2309 Posts: 426
edited July 2009 in MTB general
Had my first Timber moment today,

must admit it wasn't my fault - Had just came to the top of a hill about to start the downhill, loads of traffic so filtered down the inside. Guy in a van pulled close to the kerb (while on his mobile), nigh on crushed the brake and went down on the pavement as I couldnt unclip in time, I was kinda laughing on the way down, as I got up the guy was apologising like there was no tomorrow, so I just laughed it off and finished my ride.

Got to say its a weird yet bloody hilarious moment :P
FCN: 5/6 Fixed Gear (quite rapid) in normal clothes and clips :D

Cannondale CAAD9 / Mongoose Maurice (heavily modified)

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    On his mobile? Not sure I would have been so happy! Hopefully a lesson learned for him.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    This guy was on the phone while driving? and veered (sp) toward the kerb? regardless of who's fault it was he shouldn't have been on the phone whilst driving. if he wasn't then he'd have his full attention on the road and his surroundings. It could have been worse....
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Should have got his number and reported him. The feds won't do anything about it immediately but it will pop up if he gets stopped for anything else.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • Skippy2309
    Skippy2309 Posts: 426
    honestly lads it wasnt that bad, yes talking on the phone is a no no but this was a very slow moving almost stationary in traffic thing.
    FCN: 5/6 Fixed Gear (quite rapid) in normal clothes and clips :D

Cannondale CAAD9 / Mongoose Maurice (heavily modified)
  • tjwood
    tjwood Posts: 328
    Maybe you shouldn't be undertaking - drivers don't expect that ;-)

I fell off on the road for the first time on my way to work this morning. A combination of me trying to work out what the guy in the land rover over my right shoulder was trying to do and the guy in front not moving off as quickly as anyone else would meant that I headed rather too close to the kerb, and me forgetting that clean dry brake discs stop a lot quicker than wet muddy ones as I've been riding for the past week resulted in a nice OTB. Wonderfully I managed to land entirely on a nice soft muddy verge and the only damage was a tiny cut on my fingertip :-)