Bike Bus schemes?

pete99
pete99 Posts: 43
edited July 2009 in Commuting chat
I've read a few things about bike bus schemes, where commuters agree to ride together on a set route at a set time. It sounded interesting so I thought I'd try and find out more, but there seems to be very little information online.

Does anyone know of any regular schemes running in England? The only one I can see is a once-a-week only bus in Yorkshire. Is it all a media myth?

Comments

• Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    The closest I've heard of is Lancaster City Council's "bike buddy" scheme, but no, I've never heard of a bike bus.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Deadeye Duck
    Deadeye Duck Posts: 419
    Wasn't there something like this during the underground strike or some strike anyway?
    Schwinn Fastback Comp : FCN 5
    The Flying Scot : FCN 515q6cuv.png
    My Life, My Bike & My Xbox
  • bluesacs
    bluesacs Posts: 95
    A very good idea. A convoy of scalps.
  • Bikequin
    Bikequin Posts: 402
    After almost witnessing a 9 bike pile up on the NKR this morning I'm not sure that this is a great idea,
    You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quin.
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    Bikequin wrote:
    After almost witnessing a 9 bike pile up on the NKR this morning I'm not sure that this is a great idea,

Unless those involved are used to riding in a group, I'd second that. One of my fellow club mates ran into the back of another at some lights, resulted in a broken shoulder and a broken and dislocated finger, Ouch!

And his first club run (as a member) too....
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....