Near Misses

Angus444
Angus444 Posts: 141
edited July 2009 in The bottom bracket
Public Holiday up here today, so took advantage of the weather to get out for a run.

All went well, until I reached Carnoustie, when a member of the blue-half-of Glasgow-polyester-football-shirted-tattoo'd-f**kwit pulled away from sitting on double-yellow lines, without indicating, and came within 6 inches of breaking my leg, and more importantly, trashing my front wheel.

Now, maybe I was in the wrong by turning around , and asking him if he was blind....but then, one word led to another, and then cretin parks further up the High St, gets out of car, and stands directly in front of me, arms slightly apart, showing me his Chinese character tattoos, which hopefully read "this tw*t paid £50 to have Crispy noodle inked on to his arm".

Not one person from both lanes of traffic got out of their cars, nor one shopper, shopkeeper, etc.......Fu**wit's equally gormless passenger did, give him his due, try to calm things down, but told me that 'you lot go too fast on them things anyway', to which the reply was, 'yes, that's because we don't want to look, think, and live like you, Burger Boy.'

Anyway, I had 10 miles to reflect on it, but in the end decided to report it to local police, who were very positive about the whole thing, and intend checking cctv, and paying him a visit when they run the number through the system.

Sorry folks, long-winded, I know, but I did get a scare, and if the near-miss wasn't bad enough, having to stand my ground alone, in broad daylight kind of put the wind up me.

Anyone had anything similar?

Comments

• downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    I'm afraid you cant rely on anyone else to fight your battles or help you defend yourself out there when these morons do kick off. Sad but true. If I feel someone is about to go for me I will defend myself, even if that means I have to pull the 2kg chain from my bag to fend someone off.

Hasnt happened yet thankfully. I think some s*** themselves when I warn them of their mistakes, the rest just dont care. I'm lucky I'm quite a big fella.