Did anybody hear what the BBC said about Wiggins?

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,341
edited July 2009 in The bottom bracket
BBC news Staurday Night:

"Bradley Wiggins has failed in his attempt to get a podium in the TDF..."

I almost fell off the sofa. B***rds - he's been a stunning revelation and thats all they could say. PLease Simon Harmon and the Eurosport team, please go to Shepherds Bush and bang some heads against the wall, set alight to the place and I will bring some petrol, sausages to cook on the embers and beer.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Has been covered here already :wink:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,341
    just like me - missed the bus.

But I felt good about the rant anyway.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    The sooner we accept we participate in a minority sport that the British media are only interested in if it involves drug abuse, the happier we'll be.

Let's just enjoy riding our bikes (whatever dicipline/goals we have) and enjoy and take great pride and pleasure in the performances of the British contingent's in the TdF.

Well done Bradley Wiggins and Mark Cavendish in particular.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    BBC, grrrr. I'm fed up with the BBC, ITV4 seem to have a good balance but the beeb are definitely in the dark ages.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    ..and I'm pretty sure the BBC called him a "**** faced ****!" too :wink::lol::lol: *

*disclaimer -no they didnt
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    The BBC and Granada local news both ran the Cav/Wiggo story as the lead sports story. BBC actually were in Paris, interviewed Dad Cavendish and Mark and reran footage of Wiggins from ITV4. Also a piece from the Isle of Man about what they thought and a couple of his riding mates so quite +ve 'oop north'
    M.Rushton
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    What's the problem? It's true isn't it - Brad failed to get onto the podium, end of. We know it was awesome, but Joe Public's not all that interested in a "good effort", at least not on the news - he wants to see results. Cav's win in Paris was newsworthy, but Wiggo coming 4th? I'm amazed they even bothered to report that at all.
  • Biscuiteer
    Biscuiteer Posts: 143
    At least they got his name right, I heard Alfredo Contador's win mentioned twice on the Radio4 news on Sunday
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    BBC news Staurday Night:

"Bradley Wiggins has failed in his attempt to get a podium in the TDF..."

I almost fell off the sofa. B***rds - he's been a stunning revelation and thats all they could say. PLease Simon Harmon and the Eurosport team, please go to Shepherds Bush and bang some heads against the wall, set alight to the place and I will bring some petrol, sausages to cook on the embers and beer.

What the BBC said is correct,. He did fail to get a podium position.

He may have got the equal best finish for a Brit, but that is a different issue to the fact he failed to get a podium finish
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Biscuiteer wrote:
    At least they got his name right, I heard Alfredo Contador's win mentioned twice on the Radio4 news on Sunday

He's bloody good that Alfredo Contador. Mind you his brother Alberto's even better. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.