1st post, intro, and (possibly) a stupid question

Kiffer
Kiffer Posts: 7
edited July 2009 in MTB beginners
Evening.

This is my first post, so just a few things about me to introduce myself. I'm 36 and I ride a Kona Blast Delux (2008). I've been a keen amateur MTBer for a while, but, if I'm honest, I need to develop my skills a bit more to take my riding further. My favourite trail, to date, is Nant yr Arian, with Dalbeattie forest a close 2nd. I try and do most of my own basic maintenance, but I know what I don't know. Which neatly brings me onto:

I've just purchased a pair of Halo combat rims to put onto my bike, and I want to add a new set of disc rotors. Apart from the dimension, and IS 6 bolt configuration, is there anything else I need to worry about, or is it just a case of picking whatever takes my fancy?

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Some rotors may interfere with your brake pads or calipers. Lots of combos out there: most work if the size is right, some don't ie hope floating rotors on Avid Juicy.
  • Kiffer
    Ok, thanks Supersonic. I guess I should have said that the bike still has the original brakes, which according to the spec sheet, are Hayes Stroker Ryde Hydraulic V6.
  • Airienteer
    Airienteer Posts: 695
    I have the V6's on my Kona and have run all sorts of rotors on them (Maguras, Avids and of course Hayes') and they all seem to work.
  • Kiffer
    Airienteer wrote:
    I have the V6's on my Kona and have run all sorts of rotors on them (Maguras, Avids and of course Hayes') and they all seem to work.

Thanks for the info Airienteer!

:D