new uci world rankings

stefrees
stefrees Posts: 137
edited July 2009 in Pro race
britain up to 8th there must be a very good chance of gb having 9 places for the world champs?

http://www.uci.ch/templates/BUILTIN-NOF ... RankId=144

Comments

• timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Ireland above Kazakhstan. France and Holland looking pretty shakey
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Looking forward to finding out where Luxembourg find those other 6 riders from!
  • timoid.
    afx237vi wrote:

Is Benoît Joachim still going?

Can't think of any others. Johnny Schleck?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Blimey, 9 from Luxembourg and Norway, 6 from France and Netherlands? What a joke.

Arvesen, Boasson H, Hushovd, uhhh ???

Rule change forthcoming? :wink:
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,931
    the cav factor
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • afx237vi
    Google tells me Joachim is spending this year riding for CCI Differdange:

http://www.cci-differdange.lu/

Looking at their team, it appears there are more Luxembourgish cyclists than I first thought, including the fantastically named Jempy Drucker and the even more fantastically named Christian Poos.
  • "28th Barloworld ... GBR"

I thought they were South African, have they relocated to Britain?
  • timoid.
    Does Italy get to keep Di Luca's points?

Anyone got a link to show standing vs. number of riders you get in your team?
  • afx237vi
    "28th Barloworld ... GBR"

I thought they were South African, have they relocated to Britain?

They are a South African sponsor, mainly grown out of a South African team, but have always been registered in Britain.
  • Timoid. wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Is Benoît Joachim still going?

Can't think of any others. Johnny Schleck?

You forgot about Bob Schleck and the evermore famous Kim Schleck