beds Bucks herts

Jonsquires
Jonsquires Posts: 33
edited July 2009 in MTB beginners
After lots of contemplation and head scratching I picked my Bike and purchaed it on sataurday!! Plumped for a gary fisher Piranha...

Any how I live in leightin Buzzard in Beds and just wondered where the best places around the area are for riding? Espically as I am a beginner...I work near woburn sands so going to try the trails up there after work one day but any other tips? Busting to get started on some off road stuff..

Comments

• Jonsquires wrote:
    After lots of contemplation and head scratching I picked my Bike and purchaed it on sataurday!! Plumped for a gary fisher Piranha...

Any how I live in leightin Buzzard in Beds and just wondered where the best places around the area are for riding? Espically as I am a beginner...I work near woburn sands so going to try the trails up there after work one day but any other tips? Busting to get started on some off road stuff..

Hi,

Cant answer your question but make sure you get some piccies up of that bad boy 8)
  • BorisSpencer
    BorisSpencer Posts: 786
    Chicksands isn't too far.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    Chicksands, Woburn and Aston Hill are not far. See link in my sig for more info on these trail centres.
    Woburn is very sandy so make sure you clean the chain or you will end up ruining it pretty quickly.
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • supertwisted
    supertwisted Posts: 565
    These's also Harleston Firs in Northampton which as some fairly decent singletrack.
    Less internal organs, same supertwisted great taste.
  • stevepj
    stevepj Posts: 38
    I prefer Harlestone to Woburn Sands, but then again i ride it twice a week.
    Why are all the parts i've upgraded on my bike, now standard on the latest model!!
  • supertwisted
    supertwisted Posts: 565
    stevepj wrote:
    I prefer Harlestone to Woburn Sands, but then again i ride it twice a week.

Harelstone is fun, only rode there for the first time this sunday. Not as gravity orientated as Woburn Sands, but lots more trail options; I spent a good couple of hours exploring and criss-crossing from one bit of singletrack to another.

Highlights were a shallow downhill section with a little jump to launch off of halfway down and a fairly long section of tight, twisty trail which ran alongside an industrial estate and for some reason smelt like bacon. That confused me enough to hit a tree and bend one of my brake levers. :lol:
    Less internal organs, same supertwisted great taste.