TdF landmark question

richyja
richyja Posts: 2
edited July 2009 in The bottom bracket
Hi there,

During stage 16 or 17 there was TV footage away from the racing from a helicopter of two mountain peaks. On one was a chapel and the other peak next to it had a rectangular, dark grey building. It looked like the two structures were linked by a "bridge"??? Does anyone know where /what these buildings are?

Thanks
R

Comments

• stage_fright
    stage_fright Posts: 218
    hhmm..I might be very wrong here - but I am sure at one point I saw a shot of the Aiguille du Midi, part the way up Mont Blanc. That has a tall metal 'spire' as well as other buildings - google it and you get some pics pretty much straight away.

Amazing views of you ever get to go up to it - plus the cable car ride beats most theme park attractions.
    Chocolate makes your clothes shrink
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    Yes, definatly the Aiguille Du Midi. I have been up there myself and its a fabulous experience. the lower square building is the cable car station and shop/cafe. On top of this is an observation area, you can see for miles and miles( as far as Geneva I believe). The bridge connects to the transmitter building and the cable car station that takes you across to the Italian side of the mountain. Access to Vally Blanc is from there and you can go skiing there all year round.