Does anyone ride a Marin?!

easywheeler
easywheeler Posts: 8
edited July 2009 in Commuting chat
Does anyone ride a Marin city/urban bike?!

I bought a 2008 Marin San Rafael off ebay a couple of weeks ago and love it!

Comments

• downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Used to ride a sausilito and a fairfax. Nice bikes, the frames were a bit springy but nice.
  • Capo
    Capo Posts: 439
    Does anyone ride a Marin city/urban bike?!

I bought a 2008 Marin San Rafael off ebay a couple of weeks ago and love it!

Boris Johnson, according to yesterday's Observer.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2009/ ... is-johnson

Not sure he's on the forum, mind...
    Can\'t drive, won\'t drive
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    My missus used to

But then she got a Dawes Super Galaxy and says it is far better than her flat barred Marin Lucas Valley

Sorry Marin fans
  • vorsprung wrote:
    My missus used to

But then she got a Dawes Super Galaxy and says it is far better than her flat barred Marin Lucas Valley

Sorry Marin fans

Yes and three times the price of my Marin San Rafael!
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,601
    Yes!

and very good they all are too 8)

Tempted by a Marin roadie, but very difficult to get as not sold officially here, used to be way back when though.

My drop barred Highway One (Carbon forks and rear stays) is a luvverly winter bike/turbo trainer/tourer, and is nice and solid, though not the lightest bike around.

Current Highway One is full Carbon, think the Mill Valley is now the equivalent of my Highway one, not sure where your San Rafael fits in, but in my experience they are good solid bkes that if you look after will go on and on.

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    Mines a Marin Bear Valley (1995, I think).

Have replaced both the wheels after having the originals nicked but the rest of it's still the original parts! Should really look at getting it properly serviced, get it back to its best...
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)