Tour Over For Another Year :-(

emadden
emadden Posts: 2,431
edited July 2009 in Pro race
I dont know if anyone else is feeling it, but its kinda sad to see the Tour finished for another year... My exhaustion makes it worse: We drove all night to get back from the Ventoux - but it was worth it... The wind up there the night before seriously scared the crap out of us. We decided to stay 2km from the top. The car was nearly blown over :lol: There were some people at the top whose tents were blown away! Not for the faint hearted.... Met some really great people up there

I have pics from Annecy and Ventoux on my site (http://www.dotcycling.com) if anyone is interested!

Roll on 2010!
www.dotcycling.com

Comments

• mmitchell88
    mmitchell88 Posts: 340
    Nice site and some really great pics there. Yeah, I'm feeling a bit deflated - made worse by the fact that the rest of the family is in Italy (with the inlaws) and it's work tomorrow. Ah well. My each-way bet on Lance helps to soften the blow however!
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Here's hoping Prudhomme actually puts some effort into a decent route next year and doesn't use all his good idea's on Paris - Nice. Here's a few tips Chris, mountain top finishes, and at least one block with 2 on successive days.

Absolute stinker of a race this year. First TT, Verbier and the 2 Alpine stages were the only interesting days.

Contador worthy winner, Andy deserved his 2nd. Very surprised by Armstrongs ride, way better than I expected. Good on Wiggins although I think the route helped him somewhat (same is probably true for Lance)

Disappointed in Sastre / Cuddle and Roman K.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.