Forum home Commuter cycling forum Commuting chat

Prat admits assault on public website

downfaderdownfader Posts: 3,686
edited July 2009 in Commuting chat
Dont often go on the Evening Standard site but i was looking up something for another forum and found this by Tramp508 regarding RLJing:
I am all in favour of penalising cyclists for flouting the road traffic act and the highway code. After all they are road users as well and as so should abide by the rules as everyone else has to. Many years ago I had a run in with a cyclist who jumped a red light gave me the finger and laughed, he didn't laugh for long when I knocked him off his bike and left him sitting on the pavement. Yes I did do it on purpose. Just to show him that he would come off worse if he wanted to play chicken with cars. I wonder if he learned his lesson. Doubt it.
I also think that bicycles should pay some sort of insurance to cover for their blatent disregard of the rules of the road. Maybe they wouldn't be so gung ho about their actions. This should also be extended to the Rickshaws in London, in fact they should confiscate them for not being licensed or insured for carriage of passengers.
Just a by thought is it not a legal requirement that all vehicles using the roads must have adequate lighting so as to be seen at night?

Is this person foolish enough to think that the internet is still anonymous? Considering how a comment left on the Guardian website lead to a Police investigation a couple of years back I cant beleive people are so stupid. :shock:

LINK reported to their admin

Posts

  • CunobelinCunobelin Posts: 11,792
    He's a Coach Driver with a problem against Rickshawsas well
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • I have no sympathy with this guy's actions but...

    If you are going to RLJ don't give the finger and laugh at waiting/disrupted motorists.
  • downfaderdownfader Posts: 3,686
    If you are going to RLJ don't give the finger and laugh at waiting/disrupted motorists.

    I agree its a stupid thing to do, if it actually happened.. or happened that way :? ..but still, you dont brag about things like that in public.
    Cunobelin wrote:
    He's a Coach Driver with a problem against Rickshawsas well

    I saw those too. Just as there is with people against cyclists, there seems to be a concerted effort to spread rubbish about rickshaws. Not that I know much about them tbh as theres none down here. If they're ferrying people about I'm sure they'd HAVE to be insured in some capacity. :?
  • CunobelinCunobelin Posts: 11,792
    The problem is that there are cowboys...... not that you would see cowboy taxis or coaches you understand. They are all absolutely clean and above board
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • BassjunkieukBassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    What a lovely chap! Lets just hope I end up on one of his coaches so I can see how a "professional" drivers behaves and handles such a large vehicle.
    I also quite like this idea about "insurance to cover for their blatent disregard of the rules of the road" - sounds very appropriate as when we consider that ALL car drivers pay VED and are required to have insurance and you NEVER see any car drivers breaking the law now do you...........
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • chuckcorkchuckcork Posts: 1,471
    downfader wrote:
    Dont often go on the Evening Standard site but i was looking up something for another forum and found this by Tramp508 regarding RLJing:
    I am all in favour of penalising cyclists for flouting the road traffic act and the highway code. After all they are road users as well and as so should abide by the rules as everyone else has to. Many years ago I had a run in with a cyclist who jumped a red light gave me the finger and laughed, he didn't laugh for long when I knocked him off his bike and left him sitting on the pavement. Yes I did do it on purpose. Just to show him that he would come off worse if he wanted to play chicken with cars. I wonder if he learned his lesson. Doubt it.
    I also think that bicycles should pay some sort of insurance to cover for their blatent disregard of the rules of the road. Maybe they wouldn't be so gung ho about their actions. This should also be extended to the Rickshaws in London, in fact they should confiscate them for not being licensed or insured for carriage of passengers.
    Just a by thought is it not a legal requirement that all vehicles using the roads must have adequate lighting so as to be seen at night?

    Is this person foolish enough to think that the internet is still anonymous? Considering how a comment left on the Guardian website lead to a Police investigation a couple of years back I cant beleive people are so stupid. :shock:

    LINK reported to their admin

    I'm pretty sure one of the rules of not only the road but in law generally is that you don't batter someone, in this case with a motor vehicle, simply because they have been rude to you. I also very much doubt his insurers would be too happy with that, they may well cover a damages claim made against the driver but I'd expect they would also turn around and claim the costs straight back off him as it wasn't an "accident" so much as a "deliberate".
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • Agent57Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    I have no sympathy with this guy's actions but...

    If you are going to RLJ don't give the finger and laugh at waiting/disrupted motorists.

    Similarly, while I don't condone Tramp508's actions, if you're going to jump red lights, you deserve to get knocked off. Traffic signals apply to cyclists as well.

    (can open, worms everywhere ;) )
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • iainmentiainment Posts: 992
    Agent57 wrote:
    I have no sympathy with this guy's actions but...

    If you are going to RLJ don't give the finger and laugh at waiting/disrupted motorists.

    Similarly, while I don't condone Tramp508's actions, if you're going to jump red lights, you deserve to get knocked off. Traffic signals apply to cyclists as well.

    (can open, worms everywhere ;) )

    er you are condoning his action. No one deserves to be run over whatever the provocation.
    Having said that I think he is probably fantasising about what he'd like to do.
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • Agent57Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    iainment wrote:
    Agent57 wrote:
    I have no sympathy with this guy's actions but...

    If you are going to RLJ don't give the finger and laugh at waiting/disrupted motorists.

    Similarly, while I don't condone Tramp508's actions, if you're going to jump red lights, you deserve to get knocked off. Traffic signals apply to cyclists as well.

    (can open, worms everywhere ;) )

    er you are condoning his action.

    Er, no I'm not. No one should deliberately knock someone off their bike.
    iainment wrote:
    No one deserves to be run over whatever the provocation.

    I said knocked off, not run over. But yeah, red light jumpers deserve it (that is, to be the victims of an accident, not to be deliberately knocked off). They've no defence, as far as I'm concerned.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • andrewc3142andrewc3142 Posts: 906
    A quick google and it seems tramp508 is a 51 year old coach driver from Stoke on Trent who claims to violently attack cyclists, hates rickshaws in London, owns a Harley Davidson, admires Enoch Powell and lists his sexual desires as one to one, threesome, one night stand and casual sex.

    For any women contributors on here who may find this mix arousing, here is a picture of the hunk himself:

    http://www.mybestdate.co.uk/dating/82/Staffordshire/Stoke-On-TrentDating.aspx
  • chuckcorkchuckcork Posts: 1,471
    A quick google and it seems tramp508 is a 51 year old coach driver from Stoke on Trent who claims to violently attack cyclists, hates rickshaws in London, owns a Harley Davidson, admires Enoch Powell and lists his sexual desires as one to one, threesome, one night stand and casual sex.

    For any women contributors on here who may find this mix arousing, here is a picture of the hunk himself:

    http://www.mybestdate.co.uk/dating/82/Staffordshire/Stoke-On-TrentDating.aspx

    Should make tracking him down and hauling him for questioning somewhat simpler...
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • downfaderdownfader Posts: 3,686
    chuckcork wrote:
    A quick google and it seems tramp508 is a 51 year old coach driver from Stoke on Trent who claims to violently attack cyclists, hates rickshaws in London, owns a Harley Davidson, admires Enoch Powell and lists his sexual desires as one to one, threesome, one night stand and casual sex.

    For any women contributors on here who may find this mix arousing, here is a picture of the hunk himself:

    http://www.mybestdate.co.uk/dating/82/Staffordshire/Stoke-On-TrentDating.aspx

    Should make tracking him down and hauling him for questioning somewhat simpler...

    If it is him. I know theres another "downfader" about on the web now, so its not unreasonable to assume.

    No reply from admin. Wonder if theres any unsolved "accidents" from around there?

    TBH.. RLJ or not, fantasy internet censored or not... I dont think I'd like to wish upon ANYONE getting hit in any capacity. It f***ing hurts.
Sign In or Register to comment.