Hey All

Wayne2k
Wayne2k Posts: 9
edited July 2009 in MTB beginners
Just thought i would say hi, im a total beginner who has just got a bike but looking to get into mountain biking :-)

Comments

• Hello from one beginner to another, even though we're at opposite ends of the country!!
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Hi Wayne, welcome.

Hope you have said goodbye to all of your spare time and cash for the forseeable future. :wink:

What bike have you got?
  • Wayne2k
    Lol.... the bike i have got is a Claud Butler Stoneriver, i will post some pics of it later :-)
  • Wayne2k
    Couple pics ive taken of it:

6328_127263283297_600148297_3039436_7040689_n.jpg

6328_127263253297_600148297_3039432_4278990_n.jpg
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Looks high, what size is it, 21"?
    Tall man probably.

But I would change those pedals as soon as possible, because they are rubbish, small
    platform for the feet and not enough grip. I can't belive that I've been riding those for 9
    months, and thanks for the crash when I broke one I bought better flats and my feet are
    no more dancing all over the place.

Btw, you have a good bike for a starter. :)
  • xstrathyx
    xstrathyx Posts: 1,104
    welcome to the club, nice bike btw

reminds me that i still need to post a pic of mine, although compared to many in here its no great shakes that i dont lol

anyway, all the best and enjoy the forum also, some valued expert riders in here with sound knowledge and advice (sadly i am not one of them)
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Jeez, what did you use to make that hole for the drain pipe - dynamite?

Just kidding welcome to the forum =]
  • Wayne2k
    lol knew someone would pick up on the drain :) the frame is a 22inch frame, my feet have slipped off the pedals a few times how much is it for bigger ones?
  • BurtonM
    BurtonM Posts: 425
    where abouts in newcastle do you live fellow geordie. If you support sunderland or middlesborough be expecting a call tonight from me and a big stick :) nice bike
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.
  • jadeweed
    jadeweed Posts: 74
    Ah, there are other newcastle mtb'ers on here. Just out of interest, where do you guys ride mainly?
    Have just started back on a bike and always looking for good local places to ride.
  • Wayne2k
    BurtonM wrote:
    where abouts in newcastle do you live fellow geordie. If you support sunderland or middlesborough be expecting a call tonight from me and a big stick :) nice bike

No i support newcastle, so put your stick away :-) im from south shields....where abouts you from m8?
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    ...my feet have slipped off the pedals a few times how much is it for bigger ones?
    Well my are some VP pedals, cheap at £7, just £2 more than the original but hell of a lot
    of difference. Look at some with a platform like these, mine have the same exept I don't
    have a replaceable pins.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... odelID=563