24 Gold Carat MV Agusta Motorcycle.

nicensleazy
nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
edited July 2009 in The bottom bracket
Well the boys at MV have gone one step further with this exclusive motorcycle. They have made a limited edition 24 Gold Carat model. Estimated price tag for this machine will be $90,000

Could you be tempted to have in the hall way Sir ??

F4-RR-312-in-oro_low.jpg

Comments

• volvicspar
    volvicspar Posts: 208
    Looks like a Chav has been let loose with a tin of gold spray paint.. I'd rather have a nice colourful bike. 8)
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    where are the pedals?
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • geoff_ss
    geoff_ss Posts: 1,201
    I'd rather own one of Ago's old racing bikes. I remember seeing him at Barragarrow Bottom in the TT - frightened the sh*t out of me. :D The road wasn't very smooth then.

Geoff
    Old cyclists never die; they just fit smaller chainrings ... and pedal faster
  • Red Rock
    Red Rock Posts: 517
    Can't say I like the MV Agusta F4 anyway, but that just looks shite.

If I was going to buy an Italian superbike I'd have a Ducati 1098 in red - lovely looking bike.

thumb_2,282_0.jpg

Red Rock
  • mmitchell88
    mmitchell88 Posts: 340
    My choice - the 05 Factory RSV R...

2005_Aprilia_RSV_1000_R.jpg
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    The MV F4 is an awesome bike.
    I'm not sur eif the latest still do but the old ones used to come with a set of race cans to put on for track days etc.
    They sound unreal with these attached.
    The Aprillia is also a nice bike but my choice was the GSXR 750, it did everything I ever wanted in a bike and more.
    I wouldn't want it in gold though.
    Do T cut do a polish for gold plate??
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    Might as well put a nice paintjob on it, it's Italian, it'll not run well enough to ever be ridden :lol:
    Caz xxxx
  • nicensleazy
    Having owned an F4, I can safely say they are a great machine and even now, still the best looking motorcycle on the planet. Lasy year, Harley bought MV and gave it a much needed cash injection. The replacement F4 should be out in 2010 and which was designed by Tamburini, one of the best motorcycle designers in the world!
  • nicensleazy
    Red Rock wrote:
    Can't say I like the MV Agusta F4 anyway, but that just looks shite.

If I was going to buy an Italian superbike I'd have a Ducati 1098 in red - lovely looking bike.

thumb_2,282_0.jpg

Red Rock

Its a nice looking bike but its no Italain motorcycle icon like the 916. This machine will date very quickly with its typical Jap design and look.
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    My Yamaha Diversion 600cc rat bike is the dogs pods :lol:......no washing required, just fill it with juice and ride it, the dirtier the better like most good things in life ;):lol:
    Caz xxx
  • tebbit
    tebbit Posts: 604
    Still think the last model R1 is the best looking Jap bike of all time, and a match for the Italians, but then again I'm biased as I had one. In red, awesome.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Can't beat a 916...

The only Motorbike full stop that really does it for me.
  • mmitchell88
    mmitchell88 Posts: 340
    tebbit wrote:
    Still think the last model R1 is the best looking Jap bike of all time, and a match for the Italians, but then again I'm biased as I had one. In red, awesome.

I don't think Yamaha have ever got the underseat exhaust-thing quite right. The 03 R1 looked really sharp, but then it' all went a bit wrong. Suzuki got all the GSX-Rs looking great in 2005, then messed things up. TBH, I think most of the major manufacturers have lost the plot at the moment as far as design goes. Even the RSV4 got whacked with the ugly stick and would let it go (it became the exhaust).

I'd like the bike out of Akira.

Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    The new R6 is proper mental looking, in a good way. I do like the newest R1 too it looks great in the flesh.

In fact I don't think any of the superbike/sport contenders are bad looking, although I prefer naked my self 8)
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017