Sitting watching the Tour with my Week old daughter.

nicensleazy
nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
edited July 2009 in The bottom bracket
It was a lovely Father & Daughter experience. My week old daughter and I watched Saturdays stage together, in between feeding and winding! Her first taste of cycling....great stuff! :lol:

Comments

• pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Ah, bless,

Do you need a lot of feeding and winding? :wink:
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    In this case the father can feed and wind himself, for example the fireside scene in Blazing Saddles. :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Make the most of it - another year or two and you wont get a look in cos she wants to watch CBeebies !
  • tptvmbircn
    tptvmbircn Posts: 782
    my daughter is 6 weeks, we're tour fans also, good times :D
  • nicensleazy
    cougie wrote:
    Make the most of it - another year or two and you wont get a look in cos she wants to watch CBeebies !

:lol::lol::lol:
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    cougie wrote:

but then they come back - my five year old daughter and I watched every 7-8 highlights show on ITV4 for the past three weeks.

She was very interested in it all, although i'm not sure she quite got the whole "overall leader vs stage winner thing" and perhaps it was just a good way for her to stay up late! but anyway, I enjoyed having her there.
  • Barkiesnake
    Barkiesnake Posts: 244
    i have watched allthe high light shows and most of the live weekends with my duaghter 6 and my 3 sons aged 2, 4 & 6.
    Everytime Wiggins made a move they cheered and whenever Cav won a stage they were jumping up and down & shouting.
    Beats Chucklevision and enjy benjy any day.
    :D
    "If you think you can, or if you think you can't, your right" Henry Ford
  • Excellent parenting skills. Does she prefer drifting off to the Parisian lilt of La Folie or the thumping bass of Peaches?

My 12 year old is on summer hols and she watched a couple of stages in the afternoon so she could talk to me about it when I got home.
    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
  • nicensleazy
    Excellent parenting skills. Does she prefer drifting off to the Parisian lilt of La Folie or the thumping bass of Peaches?

My 12 year old is on summer hols and she watched a couple of stages in the afternoon so she could talk to me about it when I got home.

Funny....my 4 year old daughter was bouncing around the living room the 'Grip' the other day! :lol:
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    watching Cav win in Paris with my 8yo daughter - difficult to explain that the bloke in yellow won the race, even though Cav crossed the line first.... :?
  • morrisje
    morrisje Posts: 507
    My daughters are 17 and 15. They won't even go into a room where cycling is on the TV. Apparently it is boring !
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Gkerr - I reckon its to stay up late. My child is always very attentive round about bed time. They're so crafty !
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    ^^ - yeah you are probably right - i am a sucker for it though.