Is anyone betting against Cavendish on the Champs Elysee?

pottssteve
pottssteve Posts: 4,069
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Or will he get his 6th stage win this tour? :)
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    My money is literally on Cav.
  • The Prodigy
    The Prodigy Posts: 832
    You could bet aainst hiim but I doubt you get the odds to make it worthwhile
  • Yorkman
    Yorkman Posts: 290
    He's won every sprint so far, law of averages says he will lose one.

Every other team will be out to put their man in the right spot and disrupt the Colombia train.

I reckon he won't win today.
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    The bet should really be whether anyone else is on the photofinish when Cavendish crosses the line or not.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • 636sean
    636sean Posts: 24
    If he doesnt get the win i suspect he'll make sure he finishes in front of Hushovd!
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    If he gets a clean run at the sprint he's hot favourite - I reckon if anyone will beat him it'll be Farrar though. His usual problems are poor positioning, not being assertive enough and lack of team support - but I reckon this finish is wide enough to suit him and he'll have a bit more support today given Wiggins will want to be up to the front to avoid a split and nobody has to save themselves to support GC men.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Some of the Garmins are wearing skinsuits. Only possible reason I can think of for this is to lead Farrar to the finish in a superfast finish.

Have to say, much as i would like Farrar to win, I think they would be as well wearing pink tutus as skinsuits. Cav is hungry for this one, and he'll get it.

Barring punctures, a crash, meteorite etc
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    636sean wrote:
    If he doesnt get the win i suspect he'll make sure he finishes in front of Hushovd!

I just hope Cav doesn't do an 'Abdou'.....
  • samb01
    samb01 Posts: 130
    Yorkman wrote:
    He's won every sprint so far, law of averages says he will lose one.
    Wrong on two levels. 1) This is not a random event. 2) Even if it was, past outcomes has no bearing on future outcomes.

WIth a good lead out, Cavendish can't lose.
  • geoff_ss
    geoff_ss Posts: 1,201
    Pokerface wrote:
    My money is literally on Cav.

Really? You've actually pinned fivers on his jersey? :D

Geoff (the pedant)
    Old cyclists never die; they just fit smaller chainrings ... and pedal faster
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Hmmm, I don't think farrar was even on the champs elysee when cav crossed the line!
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    I am speechless.

Utterly superiority by both Marks. Magnificent.

(Hope your bet was worth it, Pokerface)
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Cheers boys. You brought me around to thinking that it would be stupid not to back him.

He just paid for lunch for me and the missus.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.