Motorbikes

jackhammer111 - banned
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Am I the only one who thinks interference from the motorbikes is worse than it's ever been?

Stage 7 when Alberto attacked he almost rode over one motorcycle and the other shielded him from the headwind for 50 yards or so. (not saying it was his doing)

There may be some truth to the accusations that the bikes helped Alberto in the time trial. (again, not his fault and i'm not making any accusation that he's undeserving in any way)

It seems that in every stage there's a camera shot of a guy in the red car waiving franticly at them to ride away from the front of riders.

And in general it seem there's more and more of them and they're in the way. Not to mention the serious accidents.

Isn't anybody saying anything about it?

Comments

• Harrid
    Harrid Posts: 22
    it was noticable over the last few days.

cadel evans nearly went into one a few days back

andy schleck was upset in the last couple of km on ventoux when one got too close when he surged a bit
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Voekler paced right behind a police motorbike up the final few km of the Ventoux yesterday... It was hilarious to watch. The cop kept looking around to make sure Tommy was hanging in.... The French clearly love the guy :D:D
    www.dotcycling.com
  • I guess from the response that not many think it's a problem.
  • mgcycleguy
    mgcycleguy Posts: 292
    emadden wrote:
    Voekler paced right behind a police motorbike up the final few km of the Ventoux yesterday... It was hilarious to watch. The cop kept looking around to make sure Tommy was hanging in.... The French clearly love the guy :D:D

... well at least its cheaper than using a helicopter again to blow em along :wink: