Anyone near the Cathkin Braes

CjbScotland
CjbScotland Posts: 28
edited August 2009 in MTB rides
Hey I was just wondering if anyone lived near to and frequently cycled up at the Cathkin Braes. Today i met my first other mountain biker, a guy called Sandy who was really friendly and was happy to show me some new routes and the proposed XC Commenwealth course. However, if there was any other people who likes riding up there and wants to get a few people to go for a ride then it would be cool to arrange something.

Chris/Cjb Scotland

Comments

• BoardinBob
    BoardinBob Posts: 697
    The guys from Freeflow Bikes in Shawlands ride over at Cathkin pretty regularly

http://my.freeflowbikes.com/
  • Aww thank you very much ive been looking for a cycling club sort of thing. I like going up to Cathkin but i really dont want to get raped as it is a gay hotspot. The about of lone guys you see emerging from the bushes is a joke. So cycling with a group would be a quite good idea.
  • BoardinBob
    BoardinBob Posts: 697
    I'd be more worried about the bams from Castlemilk
  • I've ridden at the Braes a few times as my in-laws live in the area (they're also members at the golf club there).
    In fact we'll be staying with them from the 3rd until the 13th August.
    So far I've only had hassal from dogs!
  • woodywmb
    woodywmb Posts: 669
    Glasgow Gay Bikers Club have their HQ hut in the woods at Cathkin Braes. Hardtail riders are sure of a warm welcome.
  • drummondjhn
    drummondjhn Posts: 175
    few strange characters :? when i was there would be good to meet in a straight group one night for cycle :?
    Life is not a spectator sport
  • hi chris im from c/milk and we are not all like that . i go for regular walks and ride my bike up and down cathkin. i agree you do get some numpties but please dont class us all like them . i like 5minutes from the cathkin so if you want we can meet up and i will be happy to take you round the trails. im going up sat and sun to watch the pro`s do it right so good luck with your riding . :D
  • lochussie
    lochussie Posts: 276
    What's the new xc loop like? I'm guessing non-tech and lacking in excitement, but would love to be proved wrong. Is there more exciting stuff there?
  • Yeah it would be good to meet up drum'. And loch i havent been to any other trails yet, was planning Glentress on Sunday but i was up doing the XC course the other day and i was checking my rear disc break and managed to get my thumb caught and sliced, so i had to get a couple of stiches. However, the route isnt too bad, it can be quite fun cutting through the forrest. But the climbs are killers and these is a sketchy steep hill close to Queen Marys seat, its to the left of the bench next to the big attena/house. If you go up you should be able to see the arrows pointing out the course. But if a few wanted to go up, we could ride it together [/list]