When is a specialized mtb not a specialized mtb?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited July 2009 in Your mountain bikes
when it's a focus road bike,i figured even though im still a mtber, i really enjoy roady-ing so decided to treat myself to a new machine, im keeping my allez too but theres nowt like an extra unnecessary bike eh?

you know you all want one!
3756446424_e391e8b98f.jpg

Comments

• ThanksBye
    ThanksBye Posts: 519
    Are they wellgo V8/12's on it?

PS: Nice bike:D
    Cotic Soul
    Pearson Hanzo
    Airborne Zeppelin
  • Anonymous
    they are a pair of cheapo mongoose numbers, as rubbish as pedals get but they are just some random spares from my box of bits. i am toying with the idea of actually getting my spds fitted.
  • ThanksBye
    ThanksBye Posts: 519
    when i get a roadie, SPDS will be going on it, dont see the point of having two diff pairs of shoes
    Cotic Soul
    Pearson Hanzo
    Airborne Zeppelin
  • Anonymous
    makes sense.

i have some shoes and pedals but i tried them on my mtb and couldnt get on with them, i will try and get used to them for the focus though i think.
  • makes sense.

i have some shoes and pedals but i tried them on my mtb and couldnt get on with them, i will try and get used to them for the focus though i think.

Exactly the same as me sheeps.... but I found the SPD's to be awesome on the road!
  • Anonymous
    went for its maiden 20 miler this morning and had an ace time, it is probably just that new bike feeling but it feels uber fast.

the bike is actually a medium which "should" be too small for me but it feels ace, a lot mor comfortable than my allez and still easy enough to get into a compact position. the allez feels a whole lot more stretched out.

it does need new bars though as they are too narrow so they are on order as are some multi rlease cleats for my spd shoes.

i'll be in lycra before you know it, not least cause ive lost a stone in the last 6 weeks, (well i might need to lose a few more before i inflict the world with my body in lycra!! )
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    Very nice Sheep, she's a beaut.
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • fourcrossjohn
    fourcrossjohn Posts: 2,500
    i'm getting my first roadie soon :)