ITV4 stops dead with 1km to go

simon_e
simon_e Posts: 1,707
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Did this happen to anyone else?

I recorded this afternoon's live coverage, got back with the family, wolfed my dinner down then sat down with a coffee for an 'as live' view.

It's great. They're approaching 1km to go and it hits the 2 hour 30 minute point and it stops.

:cry:

F&%*ING F*** I was so mad could have shot someone! Anyone, I'm not fussy. Surely the clowns at ITV worked out when it was likely to finish? If it was a stupid game of prima-donna nancy boys kicking a ball around they would have delayed the rest of the evening's schedule (or, God forbid, drop a few adverts) to finish it off.

To cap it all the recording stops and switches back to what's on now, and it shows the fadeout music for the highlights show. Now I will have to wait until tomorrow morning's repeat, by which time it will be chip wrapper.

I don't know. After all that waiting, the tension, Bradley dropping off and getting back on, my nails bitten down to the elbow.... I wish I had a pile of logs to chop or something I'm so bloody cross.

:twisted: :twisted:
Aspire not to have more, but to be more.

Comments

• mac111051
    mac111051 Posts: 92
    We watched it on ITV4 with no problems
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Erm, no. The programme overran. Perhaps your PVR just recorded the scheduled time rather than the actual...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    JonGinge wrote:
    Erm, no. The programme overran. Perhaps your PVR just recorded the scheduled time rather than the actual...

That's probably exactly what happened, coz I noticed at 15:25 that the programme was scheduled to end at half three and was gibbering, "but, but, but... the last kilometre, but..." and then the programme just continued.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Sounds like the issue is with your PVR not ITV4, watched it OK in Brizzle.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • mgcycleguy
    mgcycleguy Posts: 292
    ... the lesson (as learnt with Eurosport)... always record the following programme as well
  • Dunkeldog
    Dunkeldog Posts: 138
    The ITV4 commentary by itself is enough to put me off let alone technical hitches. For all its weird start times and Azerbaijan adverts it's Eurosport every time for me.
  • IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    Happened to me too - I guess the programme guide my Panasonic recorder uses cut things too fine. Not the first thing that has been chopped off, but a bit annoying at the end of a stage.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,812
    Simon E wrote:
    Surely the clowns at ITV worked out when it was likely to finish? If it was a stupid game of prima-donna nancy boys kicking a ball around they would have delayed the rest of the evening's schedule (or, God forbid, drop a few adverts) to finish it off.

Do you not remember the FA Cup this year, when they cut to pre-arranged adverts during extra time of Liverpool Everton, and cut back just in time to see Everton celebrating the winning goal?
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    I can't get Eurospoilsport coverage of the Tour here, some copyright issue bo!!ocks, so I've been watching live ITV4 streaming.

I have been particularly impressed by Paul's "local knowledge", most of which he obviously gets out of a book. However, give him his due, he did spot the fire fighting 'plane yesterday, and he's certainly enthusiastic about lavender..

One wonders what nuggets he will impart tonight. Obviously there's the architecture, history of l'Arc du Triomphe etc, but he might be struggling without the olives, lavender, bee hives and wineries...
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    pottssteve wrote:
    I can't get Eurospoilsport coverage of the Tour here, some copyright issue bo!!ocks, so I've been watching live ITV4 streaming.

I have been particularly impressed by Paul's "local knowledge", most of which he obviously gets out of a book. However, give him his due, he did spot the fire fighting 'plane yesterday, and he's certainly enthusiastic about lavender..

One wonders what nuggets he will impart tonight. Obviously there's the architecture, history of l'Arc du Triomphe etc, but he might be struggling without the olives, lavender, bee hives and wineries...

The man certainly knows his cheeses as well!
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Indeed!

In fact, when the Tour finishes I believe he's got himself a job lined up here:

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/446582

So next year expect expert discourse on tea towels, fine bone china and jam...
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • woody-som
    woody-som Posts: 1,001
    My PVR did the same, but it's supposed to have Freeview+ which will alter the times, so I blame ITV for not correcting it. Just watched the highlights show, which was nearly all the last 1Km anyway.
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,707
    woody-som wrote:
    My PVR did the same, but it's supposed to have Freeview+ which will alter the times, so I blame ITV for not correcting it. Just watched the highlights show, which was nearly all the last 1Km anyway.
    I had to do the same, though the excitement wasn't the same by this morning. I decided to console myself last night by popping out for a pint (it worked).
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • Don't worry - nothing happened in the last km.
  • Same happened to me. They scheduled it too short. When I was setting the PVR I thought - finish at 3.30? Wow, that'll be tight.

So whoever writes the programme guides messed it up by getting the times wrong, or maybe ITV game them the wrong times. V annoying.

Luckily I had recorded the highlights too as backup, so I moved to that.