Garmin 305 Problems - anyone else had this?

Langman
Langman Posts: 178
edited July 2009 in Workshop
Recently bought a Garmin 305 off ebay.

However I have, from day one had a problem downloading my data after each ride. It keeps saying that there is a problem connecting the device. Has anybody else had this problem.

Oh and just in case - I have not plugged in anything wrong and in the end maybe after 20+ attenpts it works but is this a common problem?

Thanks

Comments

• Infamous
    Infamous Posts: 1,130
    I had a bit of a problem with my 205, just stopped connecting. Solved it by doing a hard reset, it's something like holding down mode and enter for 5 seconds... it'll ask you to choose language if it's worked. You'll lose the data on it though.
  • Langman
    Langman Posts: 178
    Thanks I'll try it.
  • Mastineo
    Mastineo Posts: 182
    Hiya,
    Ive had a similar problem with a 705, struggle to get it to connect from the front (MacPro) USB port but connects perfectly every time from a rear port and from the USB port on my monitor. The front port is not faulty as graphics tablet, mouse, phone etc. all work properly in it.
    Think I read somewhere when I was researching this problem that its something to do with the port address.
    In other words, try a different port.
    John
  • Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    edited July 2009
    wrote:
    "Mastineo"Think I read somewhere when I was researching this problem that its something to do with the port address.
    John

You can configure this in the pc's bios but not 100% if you can access that on a Mac?
  • Wappygixer
    wrote:
    "Wappygixer"][quote="Mastineo"Think I read somewhere when I was researching this problem that its something to do with the port address.
    John

You can configure this in the pc's bios but not 100% if you can access that on a Mac?
  • Wappygixer
    wrote:
    "Wappygixer"][quote="Mastineo"Think I read somewhere when I was researching this problem that its something to do with the port address.
    John

• Wappygixer
    wrote:

• Infamous
    Infamous Posts: 1,130
    I take it you're on a mac wappy :lol:
  • mattisard
    mattisard Posts: 12
    Go to Garmin and download the latest plugin called 'mapsource' this has just solved all my probles and now allows me to connect to memory maps.

Hope it works
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    I had the same problem when I bought my new PC. Installed the software, and kept getting that error message.

I downloaded the latest version of the Training Centre software, and that seemed to solve my problem.