Who would win if National Teams was brought back?

Pokerface
Pokerface Posts: 7,960
edited July 2009 in Pro race
I assume it would be an easy win for Spain if the Tour were to revert to National (instead of Trade) teams....

Or a good battle of Spain vs. Luxembourg.

Would this do anything towards cleaning up the sport? (I recall reading an argument for this at some point)

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,873
    spain
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    Austria :)
  • JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    ireland :wink:
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Pokerface wrote:
    Or a good battle of Spain vs. Luxembourg.

The numbers might be a tiny bit uneven there...

Mind you, at least Luxembourg would be forced to put a man called Christian Poos in their Tour team. 8)
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Heard that Britain has won more stages this year than any other nation.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Not In-ger-lund?
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • GroupOfOne MkII
    GroupOfOne MkII Posts: 1,289
    Tusher wrote:
    Heard that the Isle of Man has won more stages this year than any other nation.

Corrected. Looking good for the Commonwealth Games RR :wink:
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Tusher wrote:

A team of just 1 rider has medalled in the last two Commonwealth Games road races ...
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Tusher wrote:

A team of just 1 rider has medalled in the last two Commonwealth Games road races ...

Cavendish will have Peter Kennaugh to lead him out :wink:
  • claudb
    claudb Posts: 212
    I'm not hugely patriotic but I'd have to say Britain. With a host of young guns from the track background to lead Cav out and with Wiggo in the mountains, it's not fantasy to imagine a GB Tour Team performing as high as any other nation. I never thought I'd ever see the day when I would remotely imagine that.
  • GroupOfOne MkII
    GroupOfOne MkII Posts: 1,289
    afx237vi wrote:
    Tusher wrote:

Cavendish will have Peter Kennaugh to lead him out :wink:

And Bellis. And Tim Kennaugh. And Mark Christian :D
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Kazakstan?