Vino is back next month

hommelbier
hommelbier Posts: 1,555
edited July 2009 in Pro race
http://www.dhnet.be/sports/tour-de-france/article/274077/vinokourov-reprendra-au-tour-de-l-ain.html

According to this report he will be back riding for Astana next month at the Tour de l'Ain. JB is not pleased.

Comments

• paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    I thought JB was leaving Astana... or is that just another "speculation that becomes instant truth", as with a lot of things in pro cycling
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Bruyneel is off but I think he's contracted until the end of the year. Still, given he's unlikely to want to take orders from Vinokourov, I can imagine things are agreed where the Belgian can leave sooner rather than later.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    YESSSSS!!!!!

C'MON VINO
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • hommelbier
    Could be interesting if he then chose to ride the Tour of Ireland later in the month - would he want to be team leader even?
  • iainf72
    I don't believe he did anything wrong. No one ever proved he didn't return the positive because of too much blood in his legs AND they're racist. It's because he's a Kazak. If he was from Europe no one would've done anything.

Vino. Legend. Total Legend.
  • Harry Hill
    Harry Hill Posts: 114
    Dammit. I really liked Vino. He used to attack all the time, he won magnificantly in Paris once, he rode with his legs in bandages - I really thought a lot of him.

I have no idea if he really cheated or not, it looked as if he had done.

I hope he comes back and does something good.
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • iainf72
    Excellent.

Vino is going to be in Paris on Sunday to celebrate his teams success with Alberto, Lance and the rest of the test.

C'mon Vino! Yeah!
  • coelecanth
    coelecanth Posts: 15
    Iainf72 -are you taking the p...?

Or is this schadenfraude?
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Tis the season for returning from a ban, Rasmussen is back on the block soon too, Astana to sign him?
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    I like a drop of vino....
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Seems Rassmusen is back tomorrow
    cartoon.jpg
  • bikerZA
    bikerZA Posts: 314
    The dopers are slowly dripping back in...
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,042
    iainf72 wrote:
    Excellent.

Vino is going to be in Paris on Sunday to celebrate his teams success with Alberto, Lance and the rest of the test.

C'mon Vino! Yeah!

That wouldn't surprise me, I bet he has never really been far from 'his' team.

By all accounts he was out training in the mountains with the Astana Kazakh boys a couple of weeks ago. They have little else to do and probably enjoyed the attention.
  • iainf72
    He will be there on Sunday - Who knows if he'll get near the team though.

But WOOO, Vino.

:wink:
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    iainf72 wrote:
    He will be there on Sunday - Who knows if he'll get near the team though.

But WOOO, Vino.

:wink:

Sorry for being naive, but I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. :? :? :oops:
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,481
    I think it's safe to assume that Iain is being sarcastic.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    andyp wrote:
    I think it's safe to assume that Iain is being sarcastic.

Phew, I thought he probably was, but without facial clues, etc wasn't completely sure. Was a bit baffled. :roll:
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,481
    Iain likes dour faced cyclists and Vino is the main man in that competition.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    But what races is he going to get into? I should think the tour won't want anything to do with him and perhaps after Di Luca this year, and Rico last year, the giro might tighten up their approach to doping issues.

Plus he'll face the decision of whether or not to dope again? Risk being caught again, or risk playing out the rest of his career as a second rate cyclist (see Floyd Landis for more details!)
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • iainf72
    Haters! The lot of you.

Remember that win in the Vuelta? AWESOME RAW POWER. Didn't test positive.

What races will take him? This is cycling, who won't! :roll:
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    Jez mon wrote:
    But what races is he going to get into?

Tour of Britain probably
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,174
    dulldave wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:
    But what races is he going to get into?

Tour of Britain probably

I bet he's tingling with excitement at the thought...... :wink:
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,812
    Fuji have got into most races this year, even the Giro
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    andyp wrote:
    Iain likes dour faced cyclists and Vino is the main man in that competition.

Whaddayamean ?

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/251537 ... 9361xMcthL

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cmphoto/165354771

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kelly-s/478612289/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7706119@N04/763729787/

He's class is Vino

- I, for one, am looking forward to seeing his happy beaming smiles again !

(plus his whispered, monosyllabic press conferences :lol:)
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    iainf72 wrote:
    Excellent.
    C'mon Vino! Yeah!
    Vino has been invited to the Tour by the Kazakhstan ambassador, who has a seat in the official stand at the finish, not by Astana. So that Vino will meet his teammates is only conjecture.
    Anyway, why would he want to meet those who’ve already announced they’re moving on?
    Viva Vino!
  • lucybears
    lucybears Posts: 366
    knedlicky wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Excellent.
    C'mon Vino! Yeah!
    Vino has been invited to the Tour by the Kazakhstan ambassador, who has a seat in the official stand at the finish, not by Astana. So that Vino will meet his teammates is only conjecture.
    Anyway, why would he want to meet those who’ve already announced they’re moving on?
    Viva Vino!

And Vino is not going to be riding for Astana next month at the Tour de l'Ain, but for the KAZAKHSTAN National Team
    http://www.tourdelain.com/la-course-pro ... t-coureurs
    interview.cyclingfever.com
  • hommelbier
    http://www.uci.ch/Modules/ENews/ENewsDetails.asp?id=NjQ1Nw&MenuId=MTYxNw&LangId=1&BackLink=%2FTemplates%2FUCI%2FUCI5%2Flayout.asp%3FMenuID%3DMTYxNw%26LangId%3D1

Although Vino and Rasmussen are both now at the end of their two year suspensions, it seems that the UCI are not best pleased about their return, due to them contesting the financial penalities due to be paid by them under the Riders pledge.

Will this influence race organisers in the future who may not want to upset the UCI??
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    lucybears wrote:
    And Vino is not going to be riding for Astana next month at the Tour de l'Ain, but for the KAZAKHSTAN National Team
    http://www.tourdelain.com/la-course-pro ... t-coureurs

Tour de l'Ain - la route du Progres
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • lucybears
    lucybears Posts: 366
    on cyclingfans twitter - Bruyneel has agreed with the kazakhs to allow Vino to race the Vuelta with Astana
    interview.cyclingfever.com
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,042
    lucybears wrote:
    on cyclingfans twitter - Bruyneel has agreed with the kazakhs to allow Vino to race the Vuelta with Astana

Like JB has a choice :twisted:

I seriously doubt Vino will lead, but it will be interesting to see who does. Whoever the Kazakhs want to stop going to RadioShack I guess. Time for negotiation.