Anybody from Gateshead, Newcastle and the surrounding areas?

BurtonM
BurtonM Posts: 425
edited August 2009 in MTB rides
Just want to know where you guys/girls ride? I normally do hamsterly beamish dalby chopwell, but my patience is starting to wear a bit thin with these and im getting bored.
yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.

Comments

• Why not have a look here, they're pretty local to you and have a number of members in your area. :wink:

http://www.mtbe.co.uk/

:D
  • Rory75
    Rory75 Posts: 60
    Give us a shout at www.mtbguisborough.ning.com. We're getting rides in over the Northeast.

MTBGuisLogo-1.jpg
  • g3n1u5
    g3n1u5 Posts: 21
    try kielder - its about an hour away, i did the new red yesterday and its really enjoyable - the last section has great flow and the climb is very challenging (the last uphill section is all northshore boardwalk right at the top of the forrest)

you also have deadwater which is good but a bit too black in places for me!! :shock:
  • BurtonM
    BurtonM Posts: 425
    Yeah i did kielder red ( the new one) several times. You can see the old red route too, but damn that looks like a bit of a hefty climb. i will get round to doing that one when my fitness levels are up. The black i must must must try because it looks awesome.
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.
  • kielder black is a sweet trail, what do you ride though?? XC, Freeride, DH??? it will be easier to advise if we kow this

rob
    I recon im the tinyest horse you will ever see
  • Mayhemwmb
    Mayhemwmb Posts: 108
    Have you thought about Thrunton, loads of singletrack, will take a few visits to find the best routes, try the routes from this months wmb - there are some hooje climbs to grind up :shock:
  • Dowse40
    Dowse40 Posts: 102
    Have a look at the alwinton / barrowdale area. Some of the rides up there look interesting.
  • saltyman
    saltyman Posts: 472
    yeah im a frequent visitor to kielder, im from gateshead too, i often just fly round the fire trails and explore rather than stick to the routes.
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy