The wind to cost wiggo

2»

Comments

• Kléber wrote:
    Dr. Adriaan van der Veen
    Aurelio's beaten me to it, the report was comprehensively trashed by WADA and others. To this day it's a shining example of how the UCI manages to shoot itself in both feet, with Verbruggen appointing personal friends and business associates to write reports.

But anyway, you alude to Armstrong's doping above jackhammer, it seems you're slowly reconciling yourself to the fact that he was cheating just like many other riders, it was just what all the riders did.

Like I've said before, how many guilty people plead not guilty to serious offences? Answer? Most of them.
    Defending yourself is human nature.
    In the eyes of the law so to speak, he was not a doper. He shouldn't be vilified because he has vigorously defended himself.
    If the 99 case were a civil case in an American court it would be a tough call, but as a serious matter where "reasonable doubt" is the standard, you could never get a conviction on the 99 samples given their handling.
    A reasonable person can look at this and have their own private opionon, but to go around in public calling him a doper, a fraud and worthy of Keith Olberman's "worse person in the woooorld" award is wrong, Completely wrong.

But, all that given.. I understand that we're just sports fans and we can say what we like about people. As a baseball fan of the Oakand A's long ago I used to do research on opposing players so I could sit behind the visitors dugout and shout personal insults to them. If I got a reaction I knew I'd just justified being in those seat because I knew what my team was going through playing in places like New York, Chicago, Detroit or other places where the opposing fans where not like northern California's typical tofu eating, Chardonnay sipping, Birkenstock wearing wimps.
    I helped them go to the World Series 3 years in a row.. :lol:
    I understand soccer fans are even worse.. :shock: