Brecon Beast 2009

SwanseaDan
SwanseaDan Posts: 53
edited September 2009 in MTB rides
Anyone doing the Brecon Beast this year? Myself and a couple of mates are doing it, we are aiming for the big route (109km) though there is a 71km shorter route.

Website is http://194.130.49.73/ for those wanting to check it out. Below is the bumf off the site:

"Are you fit-enough, mean-enough, mad-enough or brave-enough to tackle the Beast of the Beacons?"

"Are you up for a mountain bike challenge that takes on some of the highest and best trails that southern Britain can offer?"

"If so, then the Brecon Beacons Beast is the mountain bike event that you've been looking for".

If taking on some of the toughest, highest and most scenic tracks and trails found in the Brecon Beacons is your choice of fun, then the Brecon Beacons Beast is the mountain bike enduro for you.

The Beast offers you a choice of two distances - either 60km or 100km - with the shorter route sharing the same course as the longer route for most of its duration. The choice is your's but either way, the event will put your biking skills and endurance to the test.

Much of the route follows by-ways and bridleways across open mountainside and but some sections, including forestry sections, cross private land which it is not possible to ride at other times of the year. To make it even more worthwhile for those taking on the challenge, all profits raised by the event's entry fees are donated to local charities - your efforts go to help others in need.

So if you think you're up to the challenge and want to support some fantastic causes, why not come and tackle the Beast.

"Give her a go - she'll tame you or beat you".

Ride Details Beast 2009

# Date: Sunday September 13th 2009, 9.00am
# Start / Finish: Penlan Running Track, Brecon
# Entry Cost: £25/person

Cost Includes:

# Free Camping (Saturday Night)
# Pasta Party with entertainment (Saturday Night)
# T-shirt
# Spot Prizes
# En-route refreshments
# Distances: 71km (44 miles) & 109km (68 miles)

'08 Kona Cowan, Sunrise Big Mammoth Fat rims, Marzocchi DJ fork, Avid BB5 brakes

Comments

• rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    SwanseaDan wrote:
    Anyone doing the Brecon Beast this year? Myself and a couple of mates are doing it, we are aiming for the big route (109km) though there is a 71km shorter route.

Website is http://194.130.49.73/ for those wanting to check it out. Below is the bumf off the site:

"Are you fit-enough, mean-enough, mad-enough or brave-enough to tackle the Beast of the Beacons?"

"Are you up for a mountain bike challenge that takes on some of the highest and best trails that southern Britain can offer?"

"If so, then the Brecon Beacons Beast is the mountain bike event that you've been looking for".

If taking on some of the toughest, highest and most scenic tracks and trails found in the Brecon Beacons is your choice of fun, then the Brecon Beacons Beast is the mountain bike enduro for you.

The Beast offers you a choice of two distances - either 60km or 100km - with the shorter route sharing the same course as the longer route for most of its duration. The choice is your's but either way, the event will put your biking skills and endurance to the test.

Much of the route follows by-ways and bridleways across open mountainside and but some sections, including forestry sections, cross private land which it is not possible to ride at other times of the year. To make it even more worthwhile for those taking on the challenge, all profits raised by the event's entry fees are donated to local charities - your efforts go to help others in need.

So if you think you're up to the challenge and want to support some fantastic causes, why not come and tackle the Beast.

"Give her a go - she'll tame you or beat you".

Ride Details Beast 2009

# Date: Sunday September 13th 2009, 9.00am
    # Start / Finish: Penlan Running Track, Brecon
    # Entry Cost: £25/person

Cost Includes:

# Free Camping (Saturday Night)
    # Pasta Party with entertainment (Saturday Night)
    # T-shirt
    # Spot Prizes
    # En-route refreshments
    # Distances: 71km (44 miles) & 109km (68 miles)

ive been looking at it and contenplating the shorter one, there are conflicting details on the distances from description to details tho.
    do you know who i could contact to confirm the details?
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337
  • Not sure who to contact sorry, there are details on the site however so I'd start there

'08 Kona Cowan, Sunrise Big Mammoth Fat rims, Marzocchi DJ fork, Avid BB5 brakes
  • Yep, myself and a mate are doing it. 2 years doing the Dyfi Enduro will hopefully set us in good stead to complete the 100k loop.

Plus I used to live in Brecon so am perfectly aware of the type of terain it's likely to be over! (famous last words)