Hirsts bike for LA

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    I wanna see Astana parade up and down the Champs-Elysées this Sunday on them.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I was hoping to see a Trek cut in half and locked inside a perspex tank :wink:
  • thamacdaddy
    thamacdaddy Posts: 590
    Personally I prefer this one: http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/stages/fairey/ though i am a massive fan of Hirst and all he does, a proper creative talent.
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    I think Lance loves it!

It would be interesting if Lance said that, like one of the press conferences when he was saying there was no tension in the team, all was going to plan, Contador was his bestest-mate, etc, etc and yet funnily that's not what the look on his face was saying...
  • mmitchell88
    mmitchell88 Posts: 340
    Shhhh.....(it's a girl's bike)
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Since when did My Little Pony get into cycle sponsorship?

What a load of old cr@p - Damien Hirst is to art what Herod was to childminding....
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    pottssteve wrote:
    Since when did My Little Pony get into cycle sponsorship?

What a load of old cr@p - Damien Hirst is to art what Herod was to childminding....

:lol:
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Kléber wrote:
    I was hoping to see a Trek cut in half and locked inside a perspex tank :wink:
    :lol:

I was hoping to see Armstrong cut in half and locked inside a perspex tank :?
  • pottssteve
    This from today's Guardian Arts section.

"Following his foray into the world of cycling, where he reinvented not only the wheel but also the bicycle by the addition of butterflies to Lance Armstrong's Trek Madone, Damian Hirst has been commissioned to design Armstrong's cycling jerseys for next season. Armstrong has recently signed a deal with Radio Shack, a giant US company, and will head a new team with them acting as sponsors. Hirst has been invited to submit designs for the rider's outfits. Speaking yesterday, Hirst said he was thrilled to be part of the new venture and already had some ideas based on the novels of Hans Christian Anderson, as were many of his creations...
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • pottssteve
    Bloody hell!

I agree with an article in the Mail!

I'm off to top meself...
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    iainf72 wrote:

That just goes way beyond bad, terrible, idiotic, stupid. Well, you get the picture. Maybe I shouldn't say that? I mean the guys an artist and they are very sensitive.
    Nah, don't care.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    ^ Cav tipped them off. I hear he reads the Daily Mail.
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    Personally I think it's gorgeous, but then I'm a fan of Hurst (if not LA).
  • pottssteve
    Andy,
    Is that Geoff Hurst or Damien Hirst?! :D
  • thamacdaddy
    thamacdaddy Posts: 590
    dennisn wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

That just goes way beyond bad, terrible, idiotic, stupid. Well, you get the picture. Maybe I shouldn't say that? I mean the guys an artist and they are very sensitive.
    Nah, don't care.

Something tells me for all the "sensitivity" artists have Hirst ain't gonna be bothered what anyone thinks:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/ap ... amienhirst
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Personally it's my favourite of all the lance bikes, but that isn't saying a great deal!
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Hirst: “I can’t wait to get into a position to make really bad art and get away with it. At the moment if I did certain things people would look at it, consider it and then say ‘f off’. But after a while you can get away with things.”