Ullrich on dope testing

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited July 2009 in Pro race
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/23072009/ ... tests.html

Why does he care? Isn't he in part responsible for it gettin to this?

Very odd.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I know it's not fun being under suspicion all the time. Having been controlled myself in the past you instantly feel a pang of guilt even if you've not so much as taken an aspirin in the past six months. Taking a leak into a small pot in full view of someone else is not very dignified after all.

But I don't have much sympathy for riders when they whinge about drug tests, it's part of the job. They are happy to ride up a mountain in a snow storm or bounce across cobbles for hours on end but they start to get defensive and uppity when asked for a blood sample or get chaperoned from the finish line to the anti-doping control.

The likes of Ullrich should be complaining about the East German system that gave them "vitamins" without their consent, or the "coaches" they worked with at Freiburg University and the the likes of Dr Fuentes.
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    He is either a budding comedian or very, very delussional:
    "I firmly believe that all the riders participating in the Tour de France are clean because the examinations are so strict and capacious. That's why I can honestly say that cycling is one of the cleanest sports in the world."

and how about this:
    "A wild stranger comes into your room and stays at your side the whole day - on the toilet, in the shower, when you're brushing your teeth - and then takes blood samples at some point. It (the response) is disproportionate."
    :shock:

Here's a picture of a wild "vampire" waiting for a sample from Andy Schleck:

wildthings_wideweb__470x294,0.jpg