Il Giro di Lombardia

jonnyr5
jonnyr5 Posts: 13
Hi,
I am trying to register for the amateur ride in October this year, can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

Comments

• Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Patience, it's Italian organization...
  • Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    jonnyr5 wrote:
    Hi,
    I am trying to register for the amateur ride in October this year, can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

You and all of us are still trying to work that out. See the other post that has been flying around the last few days

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12630863

But as Le Commentateur hints, patience maybe a virtue in this case
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    OK, I've been in touch with people in Italy and unofficial word is that the sportive probably isn't going to happen, so beware of booking an overpriced package from a sports-holiday company.

Apparently RCS prematurely closed entry to the Sanremo one earlier this year and then cancelled the Pinerolo "Etape" for the Giro, so it sounds like a loss of interest by the organisers, perhaps another consequence of the credit-crunch late last year.
  • stjohnswell
    stjohnswell Posts: 482
    :( I hope this isn't the case. I've been looking forward to it.
  • ultimobici
    ultimobici Posts: 44
    OK, I've been in touch with people in Italy and unofficial word is that the sportive probably isn't going to happen, so beware of booking an overpriced package from a sports-holiday company.

Apparently RCS prematurely closed entry to the Sanremo one earlier this year and then cancelled the Pinerolo "Etape" for the Giro, so it sounds like a loss of interest by the organisers, perhaps another consequence of the credit-crunch late last year.
    You seem to have assumed a little too much.

The Granfondo that was due to run with the Giro d'Italia this year was cancelled as they could not get the road over the Col de Larche opened as there was a road closure notice issued on it previously, so not exactly RCS fault and not their choice either.