colour coded kit , yellow,green,polka

pabloweaver
pabloweaver Posts: 444
edited July 2009 in Pro race
just because I have far to much time on my hands ....

where does all the coloured kit and bikes come from at such short notice?

surely it's not carted around by each team in the vague hope it will get used ...and I'm not believing UPS can get some of the stuff from the manufacturer that quick ...

...but then again I'm used to good old Parcel ( we dont deliver saturdays) "force" delivering my stuff ..so maybe!

I've seen polka dot computers, green wheels, yellow wheels , bikes in full rig etc etc etc

if it is delivered .....ebay need to get a team on the go!
http://www.northcheshireclarion.co.uk/

Great club in and around the Warrington area.

Comments

• prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    They were saying during the dauphine I think that the jerseys are blank yellow, green etc and they have a dye sub printer to put the team logo's on. the bike and computers and thing will have to be carted there by the teams
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • AO1504
    AO1504 Posts: 57
    If you look at this photo its shows a yellow jersey with a blank white patch in the middle, the sponsors logo will be applied to that via a heat press normally, this happens immediately after each stage for the presentation (special jersey gets used for this - zips up the back and is bigger than normal race jersey) and then the leaders race jersey.

!BW(w7wQ!mk~$(KGrHgoOKkUEjlLmTeZqBK(I08Q!+w~~_1.JPG
  • pabloweaver
    just seen the polka dot bike of Pellizotti ..................appalling ....truly appalling :shock:

• pabloweaver
    AO1504 wrote:
    If you look at this photo its shows a yellow jersey with a blank white patch in the middle, the sponsors logo will be applied to that via a heat press normally, this happens immediately after each stage for the presentation (special jersey gets used for this - zips up the back and is bigger than normal race jersey) and then the leaders race jersey.

!BW(w7wQ!mk~$(KGrHgoOKkUEjlLmTeZqBK(I08Q!+w~~_1.JPG

yea figured this was the case on the podium ( was explaining it to my better half the other day ....using it as an excuse to see which of the podium girls ....ahem ...moving on ...)

Contador looked like he had shrunk in the wash when he had his yellow on the other day :lol:

• Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    Those podium jerseys that do up at the back give me the shivers - just like hospital gowns.
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    There was the embarrassing situation in the 2000 tour where Richard Virenque turned up on a polkadot decorated bike, yet completely failed to win enough KOM points. Unfortunately they didn't forsee this possibility and have a spare 'normal' bike ready.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,812
    There was a story that Jonathan Vaughters ordered nine pink bikes for the Giro, expecting them to win the TTT.