Anyone know viewing figures for ITV4 show?

Gotte
Gotte Posts: 494
edited July 2009 in Pro race
I'm just interested to know how popular it is.

Comments

• StefanP
    StefanP Posts: 429
    I don't know if this is what you are looking for?

http://www.itvmedia.co.uk/itv-platforms/itv4-/itv4-viewing-figures
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    In the first week it was their top rated show (apart from a showing of of Rambo (1985 version))

From StefanP's link it seems the figures have gone up by about 100k.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Gotte
    Gotte Posts: 494
    THanks for that. Wow, that's a lot more than I thought it would be. I imagined it was just me and the man down our street who's in the CTC, oh, and his dog, maybe, if it's in the room at the time.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Still, considering it's the country with the dominant sprinter and a GC podium candidate ... lots of room for improvement... an event like the Tour should be at ITV1 really, where viewing figures are in millions, not with a couple of hundred thousands tucked away on 4.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,573
    to give that a bit of context on sky sports premier league football generally gets 1-1.5m and super league (second best rating sport) 150-250k
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • mgcycleguy
    mgcycleguy Posts: 292
    Blimey half a million on an obscure channel... thats way better than I imagined it would be !!!
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    FJS wrote:
    Still, considering it's the country with the dominant sprinter and a GC podium candidate ... lots of room for improvement... an event like the Tour should be at ITV1 really, where viewing figures are in millions, not with a couple of hundred thousands tucked away on 4.

Yes, but could the world really do without ITV 1's re-runs of old piles of shite that nobody cared about in the first place?

And look what they had on tonight at TdF time - Emmerdale and Grimefighters! :roll:

Face it, ITV1 is the channel for gossipy old bats who wear tea cosies on their heads.
  • Blimey half a million on an obscure channel... thats way better than I imagined it would be !!!
    then remember to add in those who watch it on Eurosport/web/Astra, Hotbird Satellite etc and you have quite an audience.
    I have been surprised at the number of people at work who have asked me about the race this year - and I have had to describe the basic rules/FAQ on numerous occassions.. Example - "well if mark fletcher (sic Cavendish)has won today why isnt he in yellow"
    followed by, in more recent days
    "that Mark Fletcher has really lost it - I think Bill Wiggins is the best"
    The Giro is the best race but Le Tour always has the glamour
    thanks
    podofdonny