Rider of the Tour so far... Your thoughts?

2»

Comments

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Contador, Wiggins, Schlecks. Hushovd, Cav, Pellizotti, Astarloza (just cos I like Euskaltel).

Hopefully in a couple of days I'll be able to add Gilbert to the list, now Silence-Lotto have nothing to lose in letting him disappear up the road.
  • ScottieP
    ScottieP Posts: 599
    For me it's
    1) Wiggins - fantastic performance
    2) Armstrong - for an excellent performance after 3 years
    3) Husholvd - classy performance especially today (in the mountains)
    4) Haussler - for a great win for an up and coming rider
    5) Feuillu - as above
    6) Pellizotti - for a gutsy performance

Most disappointing (not that it's for this thread)
    Sastre, Menchov and Evans in no particular order.
    My cycling blog: http://girodilento.com/
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    NicFrance wrote:
    The Schleck-brothers.
    Because it's allways them starting the fireworks. That's what makes a good show!

Agreed - Andy's been under pressure througout to attack and make up the early losses. Great riding from them both - and hopefully more to come on the Ventoux :)

Brad also has had an amzing run - hung in there well with the big guys - great interviews aswell.

Cav's performed well and took his stages perfectly.

Nibali's riden well and is right there in the 3rd week.

Lance - considering his age and time out of the sport he's fought well.

Tony Martin and Feuillu for arriving.
  • daver1
    daver1 Posts: 78
    Hushovd's given a masterclass in tactical riding and has had the guts to do what it takes to win.

Contador looks very comfortable.

There are a few in the GC who will wonder what could have been if they had taken a win or lose attitude instead of just aiming to stay in contention.
  • NoNotAgain
    NoNotAgain Posts: 91
    Haussler

That was a fantastic ride. Apparently he has applied for australian nationakity for racing again, will ze germans try to change his mind?
    Nah.
    If he really feels like becoming a down under brit, we won't shed a tear for this bastard.
    :shock:
    1,000km+ a month, strictly road.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    NoNotAgain wrote:
    Haussler

That was a fantastic ride. Apparently he has applied for australian nationakity for racing again, will ze germans try to change his mind?
    Nah.
    If he really feels like becoming a down under brit, we won't shed a tear for this bastard.
    :shock:

Have you looked at him or heard him speak? The only thing German about him is his name - he's already a fair dinkum convict (born and brought up there).
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • NoNotAgain
    RichN95 wrote:
    Have you looked at him or heard him speak? The only thing German about him is his name - he's already a fair dinkum convict (born and brought up there).
    Still trying to figure out how to tell a German from an Aussie by the looks.
    We don't wear piked helmets anymore (at least not in public, 'f course we all have one hidden in our closets) and Hitler's hairstyle is slightly outfashioned as well. :P

Don't mention the war!
  • Ocrider
    Ocrider Posts: 19
    Hitler's hairstyle is slightly outfashioned as well

Austrian, doesnt count.

Outside of the obvious Contador, Armstrong, A Schleck...

Feillu the younger and Roche the best of the newer riders.
    For the older riders, Wiggins, naturally and poor old Sandy Casar deserves a mention just for being the eternal second place stage finisher.
  • RichN95.
    NoNotAgain wrote:
    Still trying to figure out how to tell a German from an Aussie by the looks.

Bleach blonde spiked hair - he looks like a stereotypical Bondi Beach surfer dude.
  • NoNotAgain
    RichN95 wrote:
    Bleach blonde spiked hair - he looks like a stereotypical Bondi Beach surfer dude.
    http://www.sylt-exklusiv.de/images/stories/golfen-statt-surfen.jpg
    Like that?
    Picture taken on the German island of Sylt. :lol:
  • RichN95.
    NoNotAgain wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    http://www.sylt-exklusiv.de/images/stories/golfen-statt-surfen.jpg
    Like that?
    Picture taken on the German island of Sylt. :lol:

It was only a simple generalization, not an academic anthropology study.

When I went to the Ashes test in Cardiff I saw hundreds of Haussler lookalikes. It's a look I associate with Aussies.
  • eh
    eh Posts: 4,854
    Rinaldo Nocentini for holding the yellow jeresy for a week.
  • NoNotAgain
    RichN95 wrote:
    When I went to the Ashes test in Cardiff I saw hundreds of Haussler lookalikes. It's a look I associate with Aussies.

To be honest, I understand Haussler.
    He may be German by birth with German heritage, but he spent the most important years of his life down under.
    At least it's not a decision of money but of his heart instead.

Hm, Cardiff - every time I enter this forum it reminds me badly how long I haven't been to Britain lately.
  • Ocrider
    Ocrider Posts: 19

It looks like a duck, it sounds like a duck....
  • carlstone
    carlstone Posts: 602
    Big George Hincapie, I was really disappointed for him when he just missed out on yellow, he is a legend.
    Carl.