Jens Voight crash

tarquin_foxglove
tarquin_foxglove Posts: 554
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Any update on how he is? When ITV4 showed a picture of him with a black outline, I feared the worst.

Also any explanation on how he lost the front wheel?

Comments

• Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Fracture of the right cheekbone and concussion - he remains in hospital for observation - he's "ok". Apparently lost grip on handlebars after hitting a bump.
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    Jens Voigt, pro-cyclist. A man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic rider. Jens Voigt will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster!
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • give him a fortnight - he will be back on the downhill to find that bump and will flatten it out with his bare hands....
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Robmanic1 wrote:
    Jens Voigt, pro-cyclist. A man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic rider. Jens Voigt will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster!

Is that possible?? :shock:
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    Jens Voigt - the Chuck Norris of cycling
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • Careful....someone might thing you are advocating drug use! :wink:
    No-one wanted to eat Patagonia Toothfish so they renamed it Chilean Sea Bass and now it's in danger of over fishing!
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,873
    Jens voigt didn't crash on the descent of the Petit-Saint-Bernard he saved the earth from falling into the sun by catching it in his teeth.

well i thought i get here first
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,873
    or

Jens voigt didn't crash on the descent of the Petit-Saint-Bernard but rather when he noticed the earth was about to spin off its axis and crash into the moon he dived off his bike and knocked it back into place with his head.

(enough ed)
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • lucybears
    lucybears Posts: 366
    "Es geht wieder ohne Schmerzmittel" Interview mit dem Saxo Bank-Fahrer Jens Voigt

Nach seinem schweren Sturz bei der Tour geht es Jens Voigt besser. Am Sonntag will der 37-Jährige in Begleitung eines Arztes nach Berlin zurückkehren.

http://sport.ard.de/sp/tour2009/aktuell ... 090725.jsp
    interview.cyclingfever.com
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
  • mmitchell88
    mmitchell88 Posts: 340
    Moomaloid wrote:

The fact that he's so chipper is a relief...

Nice message...
    Really good link...
    GREAT tan lines!
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Moomaloid wrote:

Great link. Wonderful to see him looking so not dead. Although as my missus pointed out, it looks like they just remove the machine and wires
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Moomaloid wrote:

Great link. Wonderful to see him looking so not dead. Although as my missus pointed out, it looks like they just remove the machine and wires
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • donaldinho
    donaldinho Posts: 103
    Thanks for posting that link 8)
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Still looks like it hurts mind...

I had my own experience on that descent that day, got back to hotel after watching the stage to find I'd ridden all the way down on an all but open quick release at the front :shock:
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent