Nice airport

nick hanson
nick hanson Posts: 1,655
edited July 2009 in The bottom bracket
I'm looking at a holiday in france,just starting to plan now.
Has anyone flown into nice airport with a bike as luggage?
Is access out of the airport by bike ok?
Also,are there any lockers to leave bikebags etc?
Thanks in advance
so many cols,so little time!

Comments

• Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Who cares how nice the airport is? You will only see it for a few hours :roll: .

Oh my coat, thank you.
  • nick hanson
    I was hoping for some advice,not a richard edward,thanks all the same :(
  • EdZed
    EdZed Posts: 119
    I've been there a few times but haven't taken a bike with me; but a friend of mine has and as far as I'm aware he didn't have any problems with his bike. I guess it shouldn't be a problem, but he has a bike box. (And an apartment to leave it in!)

Nice airport isn't the busiest airport in the world, but it's surrounded by a river, the N98 and it's on the coast so it's hemmed in consequently there are only a few ways out, by road at least, most of which [certainly from the car hire at T2] are [from memory] one-way so be careful as you could end up on the N98, which I wouldn't recommend on a bike. You'll probably have to get across a couple of busy multi-lane roads to go anywhere, that said I'm sure there will be an easier way out on a bike, I suppose it also depends which way you want to go once you get there - just keep your wits about you.

Have look at the link to give you an idea of the area. The Aerial and Bird's Eye views are helpful.

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=Nice&c ... -Maritimes

I've no idea about lockers. I would have thought there are some somewhere.

I don't know if this helps you or not.
  • dave1962
    dave1962 Posts: 6
    We're flying into Nice week after next & planning on leaving bike bags at the airport, I'll let you know how we get on.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,958
    I flew there a few weeks ago to see the TdF in Monaco, I didnt take a bike myself but there was another guy on the flight in his full cycling kit (cleated shoes still!) who was obviously just going to hop on his bike the other end and ride off so I assume it is possible without too much hassle.
  • nick hanson
    Hi all,
    Arrived back on monday,after a 5 day ride from/to Nice,taking in the Ventoux
    All went ok.There s a serice rom where you can leave bags,boxes etc
    Cheers all