Paul loves Phil

Gotte
Gotte Posts: 494
edited July 2009 in Pro race
There's always a bit on the ITV4 show when Phil's talking to camera, and Paul stares at him so longingly. It's so touching. I do wonder sometimes whether he'll just crack one day and pounce. Maybe it's all those hours cooked up in such a small space watching men in lycra...

Comments

• Edwin
    Edwin Posts: 785
    I try not to watch ITV4 coverage if I can avoid it. I know they're well liked by some cycling fans, but I find them deeply irritating. Just look at the thread on their cliches, they've almost become a parody of themselves.
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    I watch Eurosport, not because I dislike the ITV4 guys, but because Eurosport is in HD.

In fact, when I'm home early enough I'll watch the ITV4 highlight show, then later catch the Eurosport show :)

The Eurosport one seems to be more for those who already "get" cycling whereas ITV4 caters more to the layman, not that there is anything wrong with that.

What was this thread about? Oh yeah, man love, no comment on that.
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    When you have race coverage that is so brutally edited as ITV4's is, there's little chance to go into detail on historical anecdotes or team tactics the way that Harmon and Kelly do. ITV4 is left with the rather forced, overly-dramatic sound bites for the few minutes that remain between the ad breaks.

Compared to Eurosport, ITV4's coverage is best described as child-friendly.
  • Gotte
    But what about the man love!!!!!!!!!!
  • Gotte
    donrhummy wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol: