Cav.... 'Y'know'

SteK
SteK Posts: 148
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Cav mentioned once that Olympic Gold medal's weren't even on his top 10 wish list of acheivements.... I'm assuming that nestled in that list of one day classic wins and various jerseys, there's a Guiness record that he WILL NOT concede under any circumstances....

"How many times can a pro-cyclist say that words 'Y'know' in televised interviews?"

He's way out in the lead with at least 528 instances since Monaco...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-qX8Rsimfo

Y'know!!!

(as a disclaimer for those who clearly get upset easily... this is merely an observation!!! Long live the fastest man in the world!)

Comments

• Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    What a worthwhile thread.
    Are you really running this low on things to criticise?
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • SteK
    SteK Posts: 148
    Oh dear! It was a joke! An observation! Nothing critical about it! I think Cav is a fantastic rider and has my absolute utmost respect...

My post's about as critical as noticing Brad Wiggins unable to keep still while being interviewed or Lance's painful silences as he ponders a diplomatic answer!

Relax man!

OBSERVATION! Nothing more.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    SteK wrote:
    Oh dear! It was a joke! An observation! Nothing critical about it!

Relax man!

OBSERVATION! Nothing more.

Agreed,
    Why be a spectator if you cannot talk about your Observations, no problem .

Now a Serious question that I needed a place to ask it.

The UK media have just said that Bradley Wiggins, has now decided not to ride the Olympics again. (so now the question)
    What remunerations are their for an Olympic Gold compared with what is available for a multi Road Race Winner or Top GC rider. ???????

I would have thought that the Mortgage would be paid off quicker as the Road Man.
    I've seen the Hoy advert.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    You clearly have never watched post-game interviews with hockey players. Any cyclist is a paragon of eloquence in comparison. Except Menchov.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    deejay wrote:
    What remunerations are their for an Olympic Gold compared with what is available for a multi Road Race Winner or Top GC rider. ???????

I would have thought that the Mortgage would be paid off quicker as the Road Man.

You would indeed. I read his book and he said he didn't make anything significant out of his gold from Athens.

It does make you wonder if he'd concentrated on the road 4 years ago, would he be winning now? I reckon he'd have a clutch of race wins.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • bikerZA
    bikerZA Posts: 314
    drenkrom wrote:
    You clearly have never watched post-game interviews with hockey players. Any cyclist is a paragon of eloquence in comparison. Except Menchov.
    English footballers are even worse.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    bikerZA wrote:
    drenkrom wrote:
    English footballers are even worse.

I do recall a post-match interview a few years back with a Derby County player whose name escapes me at present, and every sentence was punctuated a good 4 or 5 times by "....erm, y'know...."

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • alex16zx
    alex16zx Posts: 153
    to be fair, Cav does basically speak like a Scouser, y'know lar.
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    He must say "for sure" more often and sometimes he gets in a number of "y'know for sure"s
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    I noticed this too. I think after Stage 2 or 3, he said it 5 times in one sentence. That's a lot! haha
  • Yesterday, on 5Live, a young England cricketer, I forget which, preceded each sentence with "Like I said", which really got on my t1ts. He never once said anything that he'd already said. :evil:
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    Haha! "At the end of the day" is another one...