grantway
grantway Posts: 1,430
edited July 2009 in The Crudcatcher
LOL Pdid,nt Thats good Im at Coed Y Brenin from Thursday ha ha
Doing a Welsh tour away from the sheep

I do Trail riding too
Lets meet up at the Abel run mate :wink:

Something tells me that your been liying about how good and strong the Meta 5
really is. Shame on you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What Colour bike you have
So I can say hello :wink:

I have a Black Orange 5 with B astard forks.

Comments

• realnumber 1
    realnumber 1 Posts: 675
    grantway wrote:
    If its that good a bike Pdid Im off to Cwm Carn in Two weeks lets go down and do the Dragon Run several times that is.
    Il be on my Orange 5 trail bike too.
    I will even wind the front fork down to 140 and give you an head start.

Think you be seeing ur Nutz at the A&E

Not been funny but the Meta and the 5 are very similar bikes. It would be down to the rider as to which one is going to win any race. Your starting to sound like a 10 year old child with all this Meta slagging. My dads bigger than yours....
  • grantway
    edited July 2009
    Just a point I am proving that the Cracking Meta 5 frames are true.
    I dont like people being conned and missed lead out of there hard earnt cash.

People are saying there has strong as certain other bike frames and they
    are not even no where near.

For the same bike has the Orange 5 now that has made my night
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    You do sounds like a moron.
    You want to prove that a bike frame would snap too easily, so you suggest ragging it down "Abel"?
    That's not even the roughest part of Coedy. :roll:
    Not even close.

And that's not even counting the childishness of your challenge.
  • grantway
    OI im More Than On LOL
    Thats our starting point!
  • Anonymous
    ah, what the hell, I'll play devil's advocate.
    May I suggest "Snap, Crackle and Pop"?

And give it some friggin welliy, not like all the jessies who wobble unsteadily down it :lol:
  • realnumber 1
    realnumber 1 Posts: 675
    grantway wrote:
    Just a point I am proving that the Cracking Meta 5 frames are true.
    I dont like people being conned and missed lead out of there hard earnt cash.

People are saying there has strong as certain other bike frames and they
    are not even no where near.

For the same bike has the Orange 5 now that has made my night

You really are coming across as a bit of a tool tbh. You've picked up on the fact that there were some faulty frames and seem to have forgotten about the countless amount of owners that ride them without fault (many of them probably as hard if not harder than you ride you beloved 5).
    Apart from the faulty ones which Commencal seem to be dealing with from what I have read, do you have any actual evidence that a good Meta isn't as strong as your 5 No i didn't think so :roll: .
  • Anonymous
    There was a spate of cracked Orange 222s as well, wasn't there? Quite a lot of them as I remember it.
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    yep there was, i rode one cracked for sometime :lol:

Must be a yorkshire man to love orange that much, yeh they're good but there are better bikes on the market, i was looking at the 224evo but then got a v10 why?? because it's better
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • Right children, I've done a bit of research on the matter, which I guess is more than Grantway has.

I was in Merlin (who sell the most Meta 5.5s) on Thursday night and was talking to one of the guys in there. Coincidently, my mate has an 08 Meta 5.5 and he'd spotted 2 tiny cracks just in front of the lower shock mount on his. On closer inspection, these appear to be superficial and look pretty much to be the paint rather than the weld, but with his bike being white, they've filled with cack and look worse.
    Anyway, back to Merlin, we were discussing these cracks with one of the guys in the shop. He walked straight to a Meta in the shop and said "is it cracked here?" and pointed at the exact spot. He explained that he has had 4 Metas (4, 5 & 6s) and they have all developed these tiny cracks, but not one of them has actually progressed beyond 5mm or so. They've also had "quite a few back from customers".
    He also explained that Commencal themselves are not concerned as they are not structural cracks, more like paint defects. He also told me that it is the UK importer who is insisting that the factory replace the frames as they want to keep their customers happy, so much so that Commencal are changing production factory, (although most mountain bikes are made in only a small number of factories).

Merlin suggested my mate carry on riding the bike until he can do without it for 4 weeks and then get a new frame under warranty.

I hope that gives people a bit more info on the subject, yes the frames do seem to have a regular fault, but it does appear that it is not in anyway structural and is on the whole, only cosmetic.

Yes I do ride an Orange 5, but if I'd not been in the position to afford one, I would definitely strongly considered a Meta 5.5!
  • pdid
    pdid Posts: 1,065
    grantway wrote:

I do Trail riding too

Bike is in sig,

I`ve got 4 days riding planned with my riding buddies, Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon. I`ll be more than happy to say hello if I bump into you, i`m not gonna go out of my way though.

Don`t know what the Abel run is as i`ve never been before.

You are making yourself look like an idiot, what`s your problem?

I don`t need to prove how good a rider/ how good my bike is to anyone.

Still, when my Meta cracks, and it will because you said it will, i`ll come on here and say:

"You know what, grantway was right, I should have spent twice as much money and bought an Orange 5. But not just any Orange 5, only the all singing all dancing Orange 5 All Mountain which will do anything from XC trails to World cup downhill runs."

Not likely.

Oh, and if IIRC you had problems with your 5 when you bought it which resulted in you taking a trip to Halifax.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I have no idea whether Grantway has a point or not, I just like the way he talks like an instruction manual for a cheap chinese DVD player, obviously translated using babelfish.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Northwind wrote:
    I have no idea whether Grantway has a point or not, I just like the way he talks like an instruction manual for a cheap chinese DVD player, obviously translated using babelfish.

:lol::lol:
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    :lol:

They have actually blocked Babelfish on our works computers now. apparently some fkn halfwit actually used Babelfish to translate an email that they sent to a client.
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    grantway wrote:

I do Trail riding too

grantway wrote:
    OI im More Than On LOL
    Errr... WHAT?

Is it just me being a retard, or do NIETHER of these posts make any sence at all...?
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    grantway wrote:

I do Trail riding too

grantway wrote:
    OI im More Than On LOL
    Errr... WHAT?

Is it just me being a retard, or do NIETHER of these posts make any sence at all...?

Not just you buddy - I am clueless too :? :lol:
  • Chaz.Harding
    Cheesey wrote:
    Not just you buddy - I am clueless too :? :lol:
    Sweet!

:lol:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    Every time i look at a 5 im always left thinking it looks a bit 'agricultural' :D
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • Chaz.Harding
    Dazzza wrote:
    Every time i look at a 5 im always left thinking it looks a bit 'agricultural' :D
    That's becuase it IS a bit 'agricultural'... :lol:

Single pivot simplicity, but it does have it's downsides too... As with everything! Still a good bike. As is the Meta. Just how good, depends on the rider! :lol::wink:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • BurtonM
    BurtonM Posts: 425
    Northwind wrote:

in absolute stitches here mate you dont even realise.
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.