Paul Sherwin - pls stop telling us . . . . .

Harry Hill
Harry Hill Posts: 114
edited July 2009 in Pro race
how old Lance is and how long he's been away from the tour.

2 good reason for you to stop, if you need them?

1) We already KNOW.
2) Lance won't thank you for makng excuses for him

Aside from that you're commentry, along with Mr L, is very very good. Keep up the hard work.
.. who said that, internet forum people ?

Comments

• AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    "Lance did well, given that he's a dribbling senile old man."
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    I'm watching golf. Judging by this, Lance could keep going until he's 59 at least. So quit making excuses. Hell, judging by this, Eddy Merckx could be a challenger for the Tour next year.
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    You realize he's not doing it of his own volition. Versus has built their entire ad campaign around Lance Armstrong, not the TDF. I'll bet they've STRONGLY encouraged Paul/Phil to talk up Lance.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Why did Kloeden and Armstrong ride after Contador ??? - Tempo my A$*e

I see Phil and Paul had a blind moment when that happened eh.
  • avalon
    avalon Posts: 345
    donrhummy wrote:
    You realize he's not doing it of his own volition. Versus has built their entire ad campaign around Lance Armstrong, not the TDF. I'll bet they've STRONGLY encouraged Paul/Phil to talk up Lance.

Yep and they are too bleedin stupid not to make it obvious.
    What an annoying git Sherwin is. Phil is OK, but Sherwin?

aaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    avalon wrote:
    donrhummy wrote:

Yep and they are too bleedin stupid not to make it obvious.
    What an annoying git Sherwin is. Phil is OK, but Sherwin?

aaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1!
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    i watched on itv4 as eurosport was showing cars going round in circles

those two bufoons (esp sherwen) made me want to welly my telly! :shock:
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • bikerZA
    bikerZA Posts: 314
    They always have been renowned for stating the blatently obvious.
  • mandie
    mandie Posts: 218
    The trick is to watch it on the net. Pick any stream, turn the volume down esp. if it is ITV or Versus then open the eurosport audio feed or the BBC 5 live audio feed for a sensible commentary
    We\'ll kick against the darkness \'till it bleeds daylight
  • RimTape
    RimTape Posts: 243
    Dont know what you're complaining about!

Bertie was 'dancing on his pedals' like the 'true climber' he is whilst Wiggo was 'digging deep into his suitcase of courage' and then the 'elastic snapped' between Bertie and A.Schlek, Lance was 'in all sorts of pain' at '37 years of age' after a 'three and a half year break' trying to 'stay in the bike race' and keep up with the other 'heads of state' and some of the other contenders were 'pedaling in squares' with the risk of 'going backwards' and 'losing huge chunks of time' and it was all started by 'StrongMan' Cancellara 'turning himself inside out' for his team mate.

It was classic stuff.

Velox
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Surely it will get released as a revenue-earning ITV4 ringtone.

"Lance is 37 and has been out of the sport for three and a half years and he's still climbing with the best in the world...... Lance is 37 and has been out of the sport for three and a half years and he's still climbing with the best in the world...... Lance is 37 and has been out of the sport for three and a half years and he's still climbing with the best in the world......................"
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    Watched it without sound today while I played some saxophone but every time I un-muted it to hear what they were saying, one of them was ALWAYS going on about "the front end of the main field". :?

What's that supposed to mean? Have they not heard of the word "Peloton"?
  • Didn't Sherwen work for the old Motorola team as a PR guy or something back in the day? Would this go some way towards his fawning adoration for The Big Ego? I like Liggets commentary, always have, but Sherwen is really getting on my nads this year.
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    these guys are what we refer to in the sport of professional bike racing as 'turning themselves inside out'.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I'm amazed you can hear any utterances from them with their heads so far up their ar$es - I had to endure it whilst Eurosport was covering motorsport. It's commentary for 12 year-olds, and that's probably insulting the intelligence of many 12 year-olds!
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    ITV4 commentary has now reached embarrasing proportions IMO. It does not matter what is happening up the front whether its an breakaway or an an attack they still spend more time harping on about LA. As I am typing this the news is on the TV and the first thing they said about the tour was " LA's chance of winning blah blah" with contador and wiggins reduced to a footnote. Why could the bloody bloke not just stay retired!
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    Just a point about the Eurosport delay. I wasn't watching it (only have Freeview) but was shocked to hear that John Surtees 18 year old son Henry was killed at Brands Hatch yesterday. Eurosport was covering this F2 race along with the WTCC and the delay while Henry was attended to will have necessarily caused havoc with their schedules.

Two sports I really love hit with tragedy in two days :cry:

Getting back to Paul and Phil - it is doing my head in with their inane comments - are they paid bonuses for every time they try to persuade the American audience that Lance will still have a chance even at the finish in Paris?
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,707
    wicked wrote:
    ITV4 commentary has now reached embarrasing proportions IMO. It does not matter what is happening up the front whether its an breakaway or an an attack they still spend more time harping on about LA.
    It's probably because the TV feed spends most of the time showing LA. Even a helicopter shot of the peloton yesterday lingered over Lance half way down the pack for a minute or two for no obvious reason.
    wicked wrote:
    Why could the bloody bloke not just stay retired!
    My thoughts too. Not because he shouldn't ride but because it makes the TV/web/print coverage so centred around one rider, which of course is how he wants it to be.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Surely it will get released as a revenue-earning ITV4 ringtone.

"Lance is 37 and has been out of the sport for three and a half years and he's still climbing with the best in the world...... Lance is 37 and has been out of the sport for three and a half years and he's still climbing with the best in the world...... Lance is 37 and has been out of the sport for three and a half years and he's still climbing with the best in the world......................"

"....and he's still got all his own teeth. He's 37, you know. And he can remember when that Alpe d'Huez was all just fields." :wink:

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Didn't Sherwen work for the old Motorola team as a PR guy or something back in the day? Would this go some way towards his fawning adoration for The Big Ego?

Off-camera I believe they're big mates. Doesn't Armstrong have shares in the African gold mine that Sherwen is a part-owner of?

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    "....and he's still got all his own teeth. He's 37, you know. And he can remember when that Alpe d'Huez was all just fields." :wink:

Excellent ! :lol::lol::lol:
  • mr_hippo
    mr_hippo Posts: 1,051
    I don't know which commentator it is but stop saying 'Mr Armstrong'.
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Simon E wrote:
    wicked wrote:
    ITV4 commentary has now reached embarrasing proportions IMO. It does not matter what is happening up the front whether its an breakaway or an an attack they still spend more time harping on about LA.
    It's probably because the TV feed spends most of the time showing LA. Even a helicopter shot of the peloton yesterday lingered over Lance half way down the pack for a minute or two for no obvious reason.
    wicked wrote:
    Why could the bloody bloke not just stay retired!
    My thoughts too. Not because he shouldn't ride but because it makes the TV/web/print coverage so centred around one rider, which of course is how he wants it to be.

Good point about the camera simon. By the way I see you are a fellow shropshire lad whereabouts are you?
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.