coldharbour / holmbury / leith

SRI
SRI Posts: 125
edited July 2009 in MTB rides
Is anybody riding fairly regularly here that wouldn't mind another team member?

I've average fitness but lack practice.

Comments

• muddylegs
    muddylegs Posts: 485
    I was talking to someone in your area the other day and they said that there is a bike shop on the edge of Dorking that organise regular rides in the area you are talking about. I can not remember the name of the shop but it is on the road out of Dorking towards Wotton.
  • gregsd
    gregsd Posts: 328
    The bike shop is Nirvana Cycles. There's also Diary of a Mountain Biker, a group of guys who ride the Surrey Hills.
  • SRI
    SRI Posts: 125
    Muddyleggs and Gregsd thanks for the tips, I'd forgotten about the organised shop type rides - I often see a flock* of mtb's around Nivarna on a wednesday evening.

Although I kinda get the feeling they are at the hardcore end of the cycling spectrum where as I'm more towards the all the gear but no idea end...

*not sure what the noun for a group of mtbers is!
  • grantway
    grantway Posts: 1,430
    Dam good rides to be had over there.
  • fatlad
    fatlad Posts: 105
    Am fairly local to holmbury hill ((bout half hour away)
    Ride there most weekends wife/work permitting. Would be more than happy to have some company.

I know Holmbury hill pretty well, would love to explore leith/pitch a little more tho.

:D
    If you dont ride in the rain, you dont ride
  • littlebear
    littlebear Posts: 92
    Im sure Nirvana have two cats on the rides. Beginners and experienced!

I went on one of there Sunday epics a few years back and had a lot of fun. A good group/shop ride will always cater for all levels of rider... I would have thought that they need people to say good things about them, as would any bike shop :wink:
    The bicycle is a curious vehicle. Its passenger is its engine.