You don't like Cav ..
You don't like Astana ..
You don't like the parcours ..
You don't like the racing ..
You don't like the results ..
You don't like the TV coverage ..
You don't like the commentators ..

..am I surprised ... not one bit !! :roll:
.. who said that, internet forum people ?

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I've enjoyed your insights to the race in the threads.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ermintrude
    ermintrude Posts: 514
    Totally agree rockmount I'm sick to death of the moaning on here. I'm loving this tour, the green and polka-dot jersey competitions are fascinating. Wiggins is having a great tour, interesting new riders winning stages. I think the whiners just can't see the big picture of a three week tour. The comments about stages being like a sportif particularly amuse me.
    The only aspect I'm not keen on is Nocentini who doesn't seem to have shown much pride and joy in the maillot jeune although I think AG2R have done a great job to keep it.
  • its ok to have an opinion on certain aspects isnt it? cant always be positive...

not sure if this is an invitation for opinions on each point or what but I

- dont like LA
    - do like Cav
    - dont like Astana - unless they give Contador some support
    - am disappointed by this year's parcours - excited about the Ventoux
    - am happy with GC right now
    - dont care about KOM since it seems to have become a bit of a side show
    - wish Cav had contested the intermediate sprints sooner
    - love the tv coverage
    - think the commentators are brilliant - all of them
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    ermintrude wrote:
    Totally agree rockmount I'm sick to death of the moaning on here
    ...so you and rockmount... moan about the moaning :lol:
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Great British summertime weather today though.
  • Great British summertime weather today though.
    you're not wrong
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    ermintrude wrote:
    The only aspect I'm not keen on is Nocentini who doesn't seem to have shown much pride and joy in the maillot jeune although I think AG2R have done a great job to keep it.

DH said today that Nocentini is really proud to have the jersey and that he knows that he will go down in the history books as having worn it for 7 days. At least he has hung in there all week. Don't you listen to the commentary? Or read interviews?
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Hey, other than the syncronised pedal fest, we've had a whole 2kms of individual contenders slugging it out, in 2000kms.
    What's not to like? :roll:

As for the commentators, they aren't slow in calling it a shit tour, either.

Still, avid fans of men, not endeavour, will always enjoy any old fare.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Blazing saddles your totally spot on 2km of attacking in 2000kms big whopeeeeee !!!

So some folk are sick to death of the whingers - oh so that must mean i am one then all
    because i dont share your opinion. I am not alone judging by the comments on here, this has been one of the most dull Tours in years. Pyrenees what a Joke - the Tour seem to favour downhill 50kms from the finish stages now.

Some of us remember the late 70s and all of the 80s tours were something happened at least every day. they RACED not like the Sit in the bunch brigade excluding Contador.

but Then again i forgot i am a whinger - sorry i am not one of you Happy Clappers who will put up with a 7 days in a row SPORTIVE around France.
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    They do need to get their act together and start racing. If i was a sponser i be thinking WTF :cry:
  • pjh
    pjh Posts: 204
    It does seem to me (as a novice) that this years TDF is a lot more 'tactical' than I've seen it before with fewer risks being taken.

However the upside (and it's huge) is that the tension is building .... can't you feel it? :twisted:

It's gonna be one helluva finish ... I can't wait ... and I think we might all look back when it's over as one of the greatest tours. Here's hoping :D

It's great to be .....
  • grandad3
    grandad3 Posts: 322
    All the hype b4 the tour with the return of lance and wot do we get, a shitless boring tour, with mountain stages ruined and alot of go slow. So;

dont like LA
    do Like MC
    not fussed on Astana, but like Contador
    rubbish route so far, expect more in the alps
    a lot of poor racing shall we say
    GC overall ok, would like to see sastre further up tho
    Tv coverage excellent, especially helicams and cancellaras down hill chase, WHHEEEEE
    Commentators overall doing a good job
    'Collapse the Light into Earth'
  • Steve Tcp
    Steve Tcp Posts: 7,350
    Whatever you don't like about this year's Tour, the main thing is that we all know it's LANCE'S FAULT! :D
    Take care,

Steve.
  • grandad3
    grandad3 Posts: 322
    Steve Tcp wrote:
    Whatever you don't like about this year's Tour, the main thing is that we all know it's LANCE'S FAULT! :D

+1000 :D
    'Collapse the Light into Earth'
  • pjh
    pjh Posts: 204
    Awww come on and admit it .... LA s great for cycling in general :D

The media hype just raises the profile of the sport massively ... we should all be pleased.

Anyway if he hadn't ever won anything I'd have been impressed the way he got stuck into those hills a couple of days ago ... especially for an old-timer :D

It's great to be .....