How bad are Halfords Bike Hut - Really!!

IcarusGreen
IcarusGreen Posts: 1,486
edited July 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Today I picked up my brand spanking new Boardman Team F/S. Great, exept for a few issues along the way.

1) I was told it would be delivered in 2 weeks but doesn't arrive at the store for 4 weeks.

2) The wrong bike was delivered.

3) Due to the delay I moved house 300 miles before the correct bike was delivered to the store.

4) When the correct bike got delivered to the original store it took another 4 weeks to get it to the Halfords nearest me.

5) yet again - the wrong bike.

6) 4 weeks later the bike has now arrived and its eventually the correct bike but the paints chipped in one place. (I'm going to touch it up)

I've taken the bike as I'm seriously pi$$ed off with them kicking the arse out of it but am now trying to claim some compensation from them but the stores won't pay up as they're saying it was the delivry depots fault so I have to go through the HQ.

It was bought from Halfords is I did it on the cycle to work scheme.

So seriously, how bad can Halfords be?
+ 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
Giant SCR 02 (2006)

Comments

• never used halfords for a long time, the internet is so much easier for me
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    some stores are alright some arent

its a shame that you only hear about the bad things ... i find halfords very handy to have there for impulse buys or stuff that i need straight away
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    It's the monthly Halfords bashing thread.....

Halfords: Some good, some bad, usually avoid them
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • IcarusGreen
    IcarusGreen Posts: 1,486
    The thing is, i never had a problm with Halfords before.

Bought loads of kit from them and I get a discount of Car/motorbike bits (squadie) but as soon as I spent a substancial amount of money there on something I really really wanted, they fooked it up more than any other retail fook up i've ever come across before.
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)