Bib Short Sizing Advice......

cheehee
cheehee Posts: 427
edited November 2012 in Road beginners
Reet, I'm quite getting into this lycra lark and I am looking at getting some bib shorts. I'm not sure what size I need.

I realise there are gonna be variations in size between different brands and someone will probably tell me go try some on. (would a shop let me try them?? I don't think they would appreciate my sweaty, crusty crotch in their garments)

Anyway roughly what size bib shorts would a 6'2 1/2" , 42" chest, 34" waist, 14 Stone Cheehee require??

Thanks

Comments

• rogerthecat
    rogerthecat Posts: 669
    East m8 thats my size, I got the endura FS260-PRO in size L, and they fit perfectly :D Also they are a damn fine set of bib-shorts
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    edited July 2009
    Be careful with "continental" sizing. Add one size if you are choosing european team clothing. For example in cycling sizes I am XL, in the real world i am L but in the wonderful world of continental clothing I am XXL. As my wife remarked, cyclists are scrawny burglars :)
    The older I get the faster I was
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    I am 6' 4" and I just bought some 4XL Santini
  • Meds1962
    Meds1962 Posts: 391
    Choose the ones you like and check the manufacturers sizing chart to see which size fits you. If in doubt choose the next size up, slightly too big = comfortable; too small = useless.
    O na bawn i fel LA
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    L would sound about right.

Most shops will let you try them on too - as long as you keep your underwear on and are pretty clean when you get there.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    k-dog wrote:
    L would sound about right.

Most shops will let you try them on too - as long as you keep your underwear on and are pretty clean when you get there.

Yeah, no extra "bran flakes" if you can avoid it.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • cheehee
    Meds1962 wrote:
    Choose the ones you like and check the manufacturers sizing chart to see which size fits you. If in doubt choose the next size up, slightly too big = comfortable; too small = useless.

Yeah I've checked the charts and I fall into three different sizes.

My height 6'2 1/2" is XL

My chest 42" is a Large

My waist 34" is a Medium

I'd seen some on t'internet you see, so was unsure on the sizing. Perhaps I'll have to have my monthly shower and go and try some on.

Cheers
  • mhuk
    mhuk Posts: 327
    Prendas give sizing depending on the bib shorts your looking at.
  • cheehee
    mhuk wrote:
    Prendas give sizing depending on the bib shorts your looking at.

Cheers.

I had a look at their site and they say you can email your measurements to them and they'll be able to advise better.

So done this I have.
  • Blonde
    Blonde Posts: 3,188
    Just check the manufacturer's sizing charts. i.e. Wen buying from a shop trader or on-line dealer, rather than direct from the manufacturer, check the original manufacturer's website for sizing advice first, and certainly don't rely on what fits other people - you're buying them for yourself!
  • cheehee
    I ordered some Santini (sp) bib shorts in XL from Prendas. Prendas were really helpful with sizing advice.

The shorts turned up yesterday and fit great, I went out for a fairly long ride and they are sooo comfy.

Cheers

Cheehee
  • uzapuca
    uzapuca Posts: 103
    Hi guys,
    I would like to buy a Continental Bib Shorts. They seem really good quality and not very expensive. I am quite confussed with its sizing.The model is
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=70225

if you read the people's review in this link you will see people from 5'5" to 6'4" who says MEDIUM size works just perfect for them. I am quite confussed. Continental website does not carry good info on that which is quite disappointing.

My measures are

height 5' 6"

chest 35"

waist 32 - 34" (Medium i guess)

Any help on that? thanks 1000 :D

Cheers,
    Sebastian