Landaluze and Serrano fail dope tests

hommelbier
hommelbier Posts: 1,555
edited July 2009 in Pro race
http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/breves2009/20090717_143215_landaluze-et-serrano-positifs.html

Both positive for CERA in the Dauphine and Tde Suisse respectively

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Nonsense, no one uses EPO.

And who do you think you are breaking news on the forum? :wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    edited July 2009
    Inigo Landaluze, Euskatel, CERA, in the Dauphine.

Ricardo Serrano, Fuji-Servetto, CERA, Tour de Suisse. Serrano's already suspended under the bio-passport :roll:

As well as the era of EPO not being over, it seems L'Equipe was right that there were positive cases to come. Jackhammer111, what sauce would you like with your hat? :wink:
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,812
    You wanna be careful how you pronounce Serrano positif in France!

Glad to see ex-Saunier Dopage have cleaned up their act.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Ricardo Serrano is already facing doping charges under the bio passport announcement from last month,
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I'm becoming convinced CERA usage was really widespread and even the positives from last year didn't worry people too much.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Serrano won stage 1 of this year's tour de Romandie... What a dick
    www.dotcycling.com
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Landaluze got away with it before. He likes to dope in the Dauphine
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Wow! who would have thunk of those pair? :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Landaluze gets fired by his team. Interestingly they suspended him from the Spanish championships so this was known about for some time.
  • you all act as though you never heard of micro dosing blood so that the ration of old and new cells stays right. when you store your own blood you have to do something to keep the cells from aging.
    They are using less and less blood and less CERA in that blood to stay under both passport radar and the CERA tests.
    the tests are getting better. they are finding smaller and smaller amounts. this is a good thing for what i've been trying to drive through the evidently thick skull here.
    UCi isn't going to make the levels public and that's exactly as it should be.
    if they'd have been injecting CERA directly they'd have been caught long ago, and if not they'd be at the Tour de France looking like bernard kohl.

I qualified my statement long ago.

The era of injecting EPO and getting ten to twenty percent advantage on those that don't is over. THE TESTS WILL CATCH THAT EVERY TIME.

soon the era of micro dosing with be over and that creates problems for storing your own blood, so it should help reduce blood doping too.

this is the doping around the edges that i've been talking about