http://bit.ly/CzP0u

Comments

• fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    the ramblings of a bitter and twisted man
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Maybe he is bitter and twisted but listen to the interview, certainly I can't find anything said by Kimmage that is factually wrong. He has been proved right time after time.
  • the ramblings of a bitter and twisted man

Yep. But that's Lance Armstrong for you!

I thought Kimmage came across quite well though.
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • mercsport
    mercsport Posts: 664

Looks like anyone who crosses Armstrong might well , with good reason , become bitter and twisted beings .

Despite that ,considering the interview was conducted on the fly via Kimmage's car ,hotel lobby ,or somesuch, and excepting the "er"s and "y'know"s it wasn't too bad an interview . But it didn't illustrate anything new unfortunately , and despite Kimmage being a pro' wordsmith , like many a reflective scribbler he doesn't come across too well with the spoken word . In that notorious exchange at Armstrong's comeback gig , Armstrong more than likely scored more points for exuding a greater air of authority than Kimmage . A pity , for Kimmage is right . And right for not letting the whole sordid business drop either .
    "Lick My Decals Off, Baby"
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Aurelio: I've PM'd you with a "very special request". :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227

+1

Worst book I have ever read.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743

Not the best book I have ever read (that would be Atlas Shrugged), but a frank and honest account of a riders time in the peloton. Yes he was upset with his performance whilst pro and I think this oft misread as bitterness toward cycling. As a journalist he is actually highly effective, instead of "Oh Lance you are so brave" he actually asks questions he wants answering. Andrew Marr could do with his interview technique to be honest.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • the ramblings of a bitter and twisted man
    Yep. But that's Lance Armstrong for you!

I thought Kimmage came across quite well though.
    :lol:
  • liversedge
    liversedge Posts: 1,003
    I like Kimmage. I thought he dealt with the interview really well given how carefully he needed to choose his words.
    --
    Obsessed is just a word elephants use to describe the dedicated. http://markliversedge.blogspot.com
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Forget Paul, don't mess with Betsy A!

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blog ... y-edition/

Check the comments.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • colint
    colint Posts: 1,707
    I've no time for Kimmage because he doesn't question drugs when interviewing other athletes, he's done plenty of high profile stars from athletics, rugby, boxing, but I don't recall him ever asking about drugs. Why ? If he was consistent, then I'd have more respect for him.
    Planet X N2A
    Trek Cobia 29er
  • I found rough ride to be candid and felt kimmage's despair at the state of things really came across. I dont think he sounded bitter and twisted at all.

As for his altercation with LA I think he used quite dignified restraint faced with LA's feigned indignation at the obviously metaphorical use of the C word - which he used to totally sidestep kimmage's actual question.
  • zippypablo
    zippypablo Posts: 398
    totally agree with colint
    Kimmage covers other sports too but only ever mentions drugs in cycling
    If suffer we must, let's suffer on the heights. (Victor Hugo).
  • zippypablo wrote:
    totally agree with colint
    its the only sport he can claim to have had 1st hand experience of.....
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    zippypablo wrote:
    Wrong.

He outed Irish swimmer Michelle Smith. Wiithout being able to accuse of doping for obvious legal reasons, raised a giant question mark. He mocked the changes in her physical appearance, her move to the Netherlands and more.
    we had a swimmer called Michelle Smith who went there, and won I think three gold medals, a bronze, and just came out of nowhere. I was extremely questioning of her, that also caused a scandal. But that was subsequently proven that, she was banned by the governing body for a doping infraction.
    - Paul Kimmage
  • zippypablo
    zippypablo Posts: 398
    I stand corrected :oops:
    If suffer we must, let's suffer on the heights. (Victor Hugo).
  • mercsport wrote:

Looks like anyone who crosses Armstrong might well , with good reason , become bitter and twisted beings .

Despite that ,considering the interview was conducted on the fly via Kimmage's car ,hotel lobby ,or somesuch, and excepting the "er"s and "y'know"s it wasn't too bad an interview . But it didn't illustrate anything new unfortunately , and despite Kimmage being a pro' wordsmith , like many a reflective scribbler he doesn't come across too well with the spoken word . In that notorious exchange at Armstrong's comeback gig , Armstrong more than likely scored more points for exuding a greater air of authority than Kimmage . A pity , for Kimmage is right . And right for not letting the whole sordid business drop either .

what a bunch of rubish. The interviewer insinuates that Lance plays the cancer card all the time to avoid questions about dope. He does not. He does in this case because it is appropriate to do so. All Kimmel has to do is applogise for being an insencative jerk and all will be forgiven.

I'm not holding my breath.